2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Cheap, Comfortable, and Nice choices
By Xtatic on 04/24/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, it's an economy car so most people try to compare it to a sports car. Don't, because it's the best car for its type. That is, for under 8,000 you get a car thats roomy and more comfortable than most compacts. The warrenty is great and so is the cost. Insurance is also cheap. I am quite tall and I find it very easy to get in and out of. The seats are next to perfect and fit awesome. Sure its only 103 horsepower, but with the stick its quite zippy. The hatch idea is terrific because I can fit anything in this lil puppy. I drive it everyplace and enjoy the fact the gas gauge hardly moves! I'm more an automatic guy but for basic transportation for this price you can't beat it. Excellent!

Great Economy Car
By Michael Mayle on 04/18/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 50 miles round trip to work and bought this car for it's economy. I like it so much,that I have parked my pick up and drive it all of the time. I find it exceptionally roomy and easy to manuver in the city. A real gas money saver

Excellent small car.
By HL Mencken on 04/14/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable in the almost 8 months I have owned this car. The interior is far more roomy than one would expect. Not much pickup, but you can't expect that much from a small engine. My gas mileage in the city has been a little disappointing at about 25 or 26, and I drive very conservatively.

Disapointed
By hiram on 04/07/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wind makes it hard to handle. Blind spots. Almost ran over my daughter, and wrecked 3 times becouse of it. Not comfortable, not enough room. No room in trunk. I do not like the car! Can't wait to trade it in.

Very Good
By Helen Eiden on 03/22/06 08:37 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

There are few changes I would make to this car. One I do not like cloth seats either vinyl of leather. The hatchback would be better for loading if the door was almost as wide as the trunk. Overall I would buy another Chevy Aveo Hatchback.

Awesome for $7800!
By Ace Aveo on 03/14/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wow for 7800 bucks this is a great little car. It's basic transportation but I knew that going into it. I have 1200 miles on it and it's been great so far. I got 34.4 mpg on my last tank and thats with a bunch of city driving. Overall I'm very happy!

Awesome for $7800!!
By sharkbite on 02/23/06 14:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well for $7800 brand new you just can't bet this ride! I averaged around 34mpg on the first tank!! Great room inside with a big car feel. Remember folks this is an economy car. Lifetime oil changes and free 24 hour roadside help makes this a no brainer!!

"How Can We Fool 'em Today" vol. 2006
By JustPassinThru on 02/15/06 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a typical GM answer to foreign brands' supremacy in the small car market. Nifty styling and a touted warranty, tied to zero attention to detail; engineering done on the cheap. The 5-spd is stone-slow away from lights; the primative fuel injection system makes it lurch when the clutch is let in and leaves the engine revving when the throttle is released to change gears. Result is a lurching-jerking driving experience, and double-clutching is impossible. A pain to drive. And the gearbox is vague and hard to engage. And the "warning" light for the passenger's airbag when the seat is empty is annoying; I finally covered it with tape. And the car was delivered with bent wheels.

Give it up for low-cost dependability!
By Jenna Horiuchi on 02/14/06 23:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo for almost 3 months and am glad I purchased it. It offers a good amount of space, interesting set up of the clock, compact design for cupholders, and the cool ticket holder slot. The fuel economy does vary with how you drive it. It does very well on the highway. The ride is smooth, relatively quiet, and zippy. It really flies off the line if you give it enough fuel! It is not luxury, but you are not paying luxury bucks. For the reliability, comfort, quirkiness and design that I was looking for, the Aveo really delivers. It makes me smile every time I walk outside to drive somewhere.

'06 Chevy Aveo LS 5 Door...a must buy!
By Soul2Move on 01/25/06 03:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for an econo car that would be priced right and perform like a champ I must confess I found it in my '06 Aveo LS...5sp man w/ 5doors..very roomy...very nice and quiet ride @75mph :) A lot better than the 93 Swift and 95 Honda Civic EX 2Door. I got it 1/22 and so far been shocked at what value this ride has been...in 5 years I hope to tell you more...but so far....a top notch car at a top notch price....I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget or anyone looking for a point A to point B w/o the stress of a Geo or a Suzuki on the freeway!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.