Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Little Car for Short Cash
By moremileage

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 01/07 with 19,000 miles on it. I love the car, it is great for my trips to work, and for short jaunts around town. It's not a Deville, but it sure is what it supposed to be! Small, and economical!

Moonroof that opens like an expensive car! Seats are comfortable with plenty of headroom. Large trunk.

Improved gas mileage. I only get about 25mpg combined.

If you like walking...
By Agent

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car broke down 4 times in the first 6 months I owned it. 3 breakdowns were a result of the computer and the other 1 was due to the shifter housing. Also, the tires only lasted for about 28k before they needed to be replaced. This car is terrible in high winds and also has problems in the rain, snow, and ice. I was so disappointed that I considered hiring a lawyer to go after the dealership. Also, the gas mileage is seriously overstated. If the initial cost is your only consideration then buy an Aveo.

Good acceleration. Also, it has more interior room than you might think.

Build a more reliable car. Cheap materials don't cut it in the 21st century auto market.

Cheap metal
By MYSTICICE13

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car seems to have dents from under the hood. No one knows why. Simply leaning against the car will cause the door to dent, I only weigh 130. I had the emissions valve replaced at 30,000 the clutch plate was replaced after only having it a year, the horn is weak. No block heater (required in Alaska) they charge you extra to get one when it should be installed in a place where its required.

Gas mileage is good at first, but if you dont flush it every now and then it goes downhill fast. Not very good for in city miles, excellent highway miles.

Mechanically could be put together more durably.

"Miserable" little car is a accurate
By Ctb

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo's ride is punishing on large potholes. Body rolls is extreme in all corners and handling is imprecise. The clutch is too light and the gearbox is rudimentary. Smooth shifts are extremely difficult. Acceleration is adequate on flat hills, but low torque make uphill acceleration a chore. Reliability is a problem. My vehicle hd a warped throttle body. The thermostat housing is made of plastic - a ridiculous design flaw - and ruptured (replacements are metal). Rubber bushing up front have compressed and made the car wallow even more than normal. Tire wear on the stock tires is poor. Mine reached 19,000 miles. Joyless, unreliable, and pointless, this is a terrible car with no purpose.

Cargo area, rear seat room, rear seat accessibility

Reliability is a key problem for Aveos. A no-frills value car is only a value if it runs as long as other, pricier cars. The Aveo's problems, however, suggest that, in the long run, it may be cheaper to spend more on a Focus, Civic, or Corolla that will run much longer with fewer problems.

Amazing Choice!
By Amazing Choice

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 5-6 months ago. The value of the vehicle has since increased and that never happens. With the manual I get on the highway with authority.(left in third gear) I have not had a problem yet and have no regrets for my purchase. I consistantly get 38+ highway mileage, so I am not sure why it's EPA is so low! I am not a slow highway driver, so people should be able to get better. Also the vehicle is very roomy in comparison to what I thought a compact would be. When I did a "years to pay back" analysis on this car today I will make my money back in gas savings in just 5 years! Finally a vehicle that actually makes sense financially.

MP3-CD player, manual transmission, split folding rear seat. It has sufficient trunk space.

Bigger wheels for better handling and MPGs. European styled head and tail lights(this is on newer models already). Nicer Electronics IE- optional nav, bluetooth, or XM radio/OnStar (even the Cobalt has XM). Build in the United States!!