Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Great Little Car
By rharris

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lot of fun to drive and handles well in city and country driving. Seats are a little hard for long trips. Needs more cup holders.

Body style and quick response in city traffic situations

Better seats and an upgraded stereo system.

Great Buy for the Money
By t92168

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I've been very impressed with this car. It's done everything that I've asked of it. It handles well, is incredibly reliable, and isn't bad looking. I'm a large man and the interior room is great! I looked at the Ford Focus and Fusion, as well as the Chevy HHR before picking the Aveo and couldn't be happier with my decision. Of course, if I had paid $30k instead of $15k for this car, I would have expected significantly more overall quality of materials and fit. But you can't beat this for the money!

I think my favorite features are the sunroof and the fact that it locks itself if you forget.

The only minor complaints that I had were with lack of a jack for an MP3 player and power mirrors for both sides, not just the passenger side. Both were corrected in the '07 model. I would still like to see a higher end stereo option, though.

The price is right
By mark schmid

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Good price and no problems so far with 16,000 on it. Nice looking in and out and more room than expected but could do better on mileage.

Smaller engine? Bigger wheels? Something to improve mileage

Exceptional bang for the buck
By Ray

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been everything I could have expected and more. It's getting around 30 mpg and the car is actually fast with the manny tranny. 5th gear is tall and the engine speed is comfortable at 80+mph It handles well despite small tires. With the rear seats down, the cargo area is surprisingly big. Only design issue would be that the rear seats are very close to the back of the car and I think in a rear-end accident rear passengers might be mush. Maybe. I drive the car pretty hard and it still gets 30mpg. The stick on the manual is pretty rubbery, not solid feeling. Don't buy a Civic. I paid less than 9k for my SVM model and had enough left over for 2000 gallons of gas-60k miles!

Gas mileage, cargo capacity, perfromance, uses regular unleaded

Make the headlight/parking light one unit. The separated units now look cheap and 80's-ish. Also, move the trunk area back a few inches. It would add cargo space and increase the appearance of rear safety without sacrificing mileage.

Great little car
By dieselpower

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm now rapidly approaching 20k miles. My Aveo continues to run with clockwork reliability. Fuel economy has ranged from a low of 32, to as high as 43 mpg. I'm 6'2" tall, and have no problem finding enough room to stretch out in this car, even on long highway trips. I also love the European urban runabout styling. I have the 5 speed manual in mine, and find the power to be plenty adequate. My only issue has been the tires, which seem to have trouble maintaining balance. Plans are to swap 'em out in the near future. Overall, I would highly recommend buying one. My neighbor was impressed enough to buy one for himself two days after I bought mine. His has also been flawless.

Upright seating position, hatchback, can still fit four adults in a pint sized car.

Get rid of these junky tires. Also, cruise control needs to be made standard. The program is already present in the car's ECM, and adding the simple switch would not be an expensive addition to the car's build costs.

• SUV