2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Nice Car Fun to Drive
By Vince on 07/22/06 22:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought both 2006 sedan and hatchback within 2 days. Both are automatics, they handle nice on the highway, are a very quiet ride and have a very roomy interior. Gas mileage is 27-28 for both with a/c and mixed hwy/city. Haven't taken a trip yet to see Hwy mileage. We have less than 500 miles on the engine and hope to see more improved mileage. So far we are very happy with our purchases.

Better than you think!
By ss on 06/28/06 03:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been all over the US since bought. It has carried more than 25 cases of vegetables from a case sale without complaint and with minimal impact on its gas mileage, In Summer! It isn't the prettiest car. I call it "TC" which is short for Tin Can. But for solid, reliable, cheap transportation, you flat out cannot beat it!

MPG, not what I expected
By Free4 on 06/27/06 20:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the gas mileage so far not what I expected 21 mpg, maybe after it breaks in it will improve. For some reason I find when hitting the brakes it will pulsate at times,( No ABS )will take back to dealer for check. The car rides very good otherwise.

Fun to drive
By John Thayer on 06/14/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Aveo. Getting 33 mpg going to and from work (very little stop and go driving). Love the way it handles. Pretty good power for a small car. About the only things I don't like are the coffee mug holders (block the radio and heater) and bad visibility (blind spots) from the rear window. Why are they making all these cars with tiny rear windows? Course, I love small cars. Just upgraded from my Metro and I love being able to pass without fear of falling behind the car I'm trying to pass.

Visibility
By N. Bruce White on 06/10/06 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One of the main reasons that attracted me to this vehicle was the wonderful visibility. I found that my eyes easisly and comfortability could continually view all around the outside of the vehicle. No straining to make sharp turns. Adequate seat and mirror adjustments. A very efficient vehicile to maneuver, and drive relaxed.

A Neat Little Car
By GOOSE4909 on 06/07/06 15:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Zips around neatly in traffic and has plenty of zip on the interstate. Decent gas mileage [I get about 36 overall]. Easy to enter and exit the vehicle. Seats could use a little more padding but you do sit up nice and straight.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo SVM Manual Hatchback
By 79type2 on 05/15/06 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was going to wait a month after purchase to rate this car, but I feel I have driven it enough to comment. This vehicle has so far met and surpassed all my expectations. The sheet metal folds around the doors, hood, and hatch are all sealed (Something $34,000+ Dodge Chargers don't even have). The hatch shuts with VW like quality (No slamming necessary). This car is fun to drive and doesn't take long to get up to speed (Once you get going you barely have to give it gas). I'm really surprised by some of the negative comments I have seen regarding this car. It's a much better deal than the Yaris Liftback or Scion Xa, neither of which looks half as good inside or out.

Out of the box
By huey7018 on 05/11/06 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great small car. Lots of driver room. Use as a commuter car and love the fuel economy. When comparing price/ comfort/ economy this is a hard car to beat.

Whoa, Gas Prices..
By asdf on 05/04/06 09:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well bought this for my 18 year old to get her Drivers Lic. We love driving it and if you are nice you get very good gas mileage. We have gotten 30 in the city. If you are bad and drive it hard you will get 22 - 25 MPG.

Good little runner
By Rua on 04/27/06 00:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the price what more can you say. Use it until it wears out. Not too sure what the long term reliability will be, only time will tell. A mate of mine put 60, 000 k's on his without any problems. It drives and handles well, the brakes could be better though. All good!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.