Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Falling apart
By tnkgrl

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car just started having problems. It is falling apart. I loved it until now. ABS cab and the throttle actuator control module went out in two months apart from each other. 46000 miles.

throttle actuator control module and ABS cab

It "sips" the gas
By Avalon1

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car as a rental return not expecting too much for an econo-box. I have been pleasantly surprised. On a trip to sf (253 mile) we got 41 mi to the gallon. The pick-up is zippy and have had no problems in two years. There have been some minor electrical glitches, but no worse than any other car. Get real, this is a cheap car, take what you get. If it is a lemon make some noise. Americans all want a Mercedes for escort price.

Interior roomy Nice pick up great MPG Good visibility,AC good

Better handling in the wind. Improved electrical

I've had good luck
By amylou

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $9000 for the bare bones 2006 sedan and for the price, I'm happy with it and plan on driving it until it dies. No problems with engine, tranny, electrical, etc. Gear transition chunky, does not improve. I'm lax with regular maintenance and simply don't care about image , so combined with the iffy craftsmanship minor things are always breaking and falling off, too expensive to fix. But I have always LOVED the shape of it, no one wants to steal my little inconspicuous crank-window value model. Needed bushings early on and the shocks/struts have degraded to a Lincoln Continental rolling sort of ride. Unstable in wind on highway. Good for short commute, would buy again for the TRUNK!

HUGE trunk, cute from behind, mileage, reliable, nice stying inside, large side mirrors, rear view less obstructed than the hatchback, eyeglasses holder seems trivial but very useful, narrow to fit between rude SUV parkers, brakes worked great when it counts and stop on a dime with good control.

better quality gadgets and gizmos, more stability in wind, wheel covers scratch easily, if you live on a bumpy road the suspension suffers and bushings go bad, has a well known problem with gear transition that makes shifting a 2-motion event and this never got better, I just got used to it.

Driver's view
By sailor3

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. I have made two trips from Frederick Maryland to Florida. On one trip I drove across Interstate 75 at 75 mph on that trip I averaged 35 mpg. I drove to North Carolina and averaged 32 mpg. These are actual driving figures not EPA fudged figures. In city driving my average mile is 25 mpg. My only complaint is with the Cruise Control set up. Having the button under the switch that must be pressed to use the on off switch on the top of the steering wheel is a stupid design.

The adjustable height of the drivers seat and the intermittent wipers.

Either move the switch that has to be closed to use the activation switch on the steering wheel to a better location or eliminate it altogether, possibly combine its function with the on off switch.

The Worst Car Ever
By Erin

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop over and over again. I have had transmission problems, wiring problems, engine problems....you name it. And, for some of the issues, I had to take it in two, three, or four times before they could find the problem. For instance, I was driving around with a bad throttle body for 2.5 years before they found the problem. And, I took it in because a lot of my lights were not working, and there was a wiring problem. After 3 visits, the wiring is still not correct, but they say it is. When I took it in bc of the wiring, they realized my gearshift was bad, and they had to replace it. This is a warning to everybody out there, do not buy an Aveo.

Roomy Interior...yeah, I think that's it.

The biggest thing is to fix the wiring problem. I am not the only person who has had this issue. There are so many things, and this thing won't give me room to say it all.... My only suggestion is to just recall the piece of junk you call a car.