2006 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2006 Chevrolet Aveo SVM Manual

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo SVM Manual Hatchback
By 79type2 on

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was going to wait a month after purchase to rate this car, but I feel I have driven it enough to comment. This vehicle has so far met and surpassed all my expectations. The sheet metal folds around the doors, hood, and hatch are all sealed (Something $34,000+ Dodge Chargers don't even have). The hatch shuts with VW like quality (No slamming necessary). This car is fun to drive and doesn't take long to get up to speed (Once you get going you barely have to give it gas). I'm really surprised by some of the negative comments I have seen regarding this car. It's a much better deal than the Yaris Liftback or Scion Xa, neither of which looks half as good inside or out.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, great price, especially great build quality for price, convient interior layout, excellent interior room for both front and rear passengers and baggage, European exterior styling, actually very fun to drive, good handling, more than adequate performance, nice "little touches."

Suggested Improvements

Wider hatchback opening with lower bottom lip would make loading easier.