2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Getting to know it still....
By Curt on 11/13/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm + 6' and fit comfortable in the front. It reminded me of a diesel Fiat I'de driven in Italy. Main purchase purpose is a commuter car. Seating provides good visability for everyone inside. So far it's a fun nimble, very easily parkable little car. It has the Europeon reverse shift pattern.

Transmision
By bonnie schmidt on 11/03/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The automaitc transmission shifts really, slow when cold. Other than that I love it. Good running, great gas mileage. I would buy another one.

Great car for a small price
By Mike on 10/28/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo to move from Kansas City to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and have been driving it everyday. I have no complaints about the car. The price was right for me at the time and I never had to worry about the car not starting etc. at all. It may not be the quickest car on the road but then again, you're not going to be paying for all of the gas the quicker ones do. All in all, great car and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Not so good
By Vic on 10/27/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 05 Aveo in July and the care is OK. Im not sure why people are raving about the gas mileage as I only get 23mpg in the city with automatic. Besides the gas complaint, my headlights went out after 2 months and my suspension needed to be tightened and still does every so often. For the price of this car, it is hard to beat if your planning to keep it a very long time.

Great price and good mileage
By John on 10/25/05 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my special value Aveo for under $7000 brand new. Man what a deal, and I'm getting 35-37 mpg every tankful in mixed driving with ~ 2200 miles on it so far. Can't wait for it to get all the way broken in. I paid $12000 for a Toyota Tercel in 1995 and it didn't have the power or room that the Aveo does although it did get 40 mpg. So that means I paid just over half of what the Tercel cost me 10 years ago. Whats there not to love ?

My eggbeater!
By Jeanette on 10/18/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although most of my daughter's friends do not like the exterior look of the car, I can honestly say I get really good gas mileage from this car! The gas tank is small, but considering I don't have to fill up every day, it's not that bad! I do like my car. The gas mileage I figured out when I had to drive up north Michigan and WOW was I surprised. It is a stick shift also which helps with the gas mileage. Other then the few problems with the gas delivery system I had, I really love this car!

Angel
By angel on 10/13/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is great little car, expecially as a first car for a teenager. My daughter really enjoys driving it. It has been great on gas, and is reliable. The dealership was very informative about the car as well.

Very good mileage
By gdeffendall on 09/14/05 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy the Aveo, bought it for fuel economy. I have checked mileage 3 times, 50% city & 50% hwy driving, air conditioning used all the time, mileage came out to be 34+ on all checks with air conditioning going all the time. Very pleased, quite comfortable, very economonical...

Love out AVEO
By Jane & Jerry on 09/07/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We got an AVEO LT loaded with all the options including the sun roof. It is fun to drive, seems incredibly roomy inside, even the back seat. There is plenty of trunk room even with the back seat not folded. Never though we could get so much for the money!

My Neat Baby
By Mo Laffin on 09/06/05 02:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the most efficient I've had in the last 10 years..(and I've had 4!) It's very reliable, and very low maintenance...something to be really happy about. Getting in is very comfortable, like a little jeep--easy because higher up--just sliding in, and actually is higher up, a great feature when riding through a partially flooded street! My 'baby' Aveo is my 'buddy' !

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.