2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Well Maintened but still had major problems
By mindintomatter on 07/30/12 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for an amazing price. And I know most people probably purchase the Aveo because of that. At $80,000 miles my car has had a string of major problems. The mechanic remarked that he's been fixing Aveos lately with the same problems. The front struts give out, the Temp Sensor, and the Solenoid. My check engine light just came on again. From speaking to people who have Aveos they say this car is badly built and usually doesn't make it to 100,000 miles. The back seat has almost no leg room either.

Expected better gas mileage
By D on 07/12/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reviews on this vehicle seem very inconsistent. Based on my research, people seem to be experiencing problems with transmission fluid turning brown very early on (as mine has), but I haven't come across a lot of actual transmission failures. My biggest problem has been fuel economy. For such a tiny car, I expected better than the 25ish total and much less for city driving. Since there aren't any other real advantages over a slightly larger car (besides cost), I have been disappointed by that. For a car of its size, the trunk is great and there is reasonable room in the front seats. The back is tight but that is to be expected. The egg-shape continues to look dated to me.

Falling apart
By tnkgrl on 07/28/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car just started having problems. It is falling apart. I loved it until now. ABS cab and the throttle actuator control module went out in two months apart from each other. 46000 miles.

Great Little Car for Short Cash
By moremileage on 02/21/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 01/07 with 19,000 miles on it. I love the car, it is great for my trips to work, and for short jaunts around town. It's not a Deville, but it sure is what it supposed to be! Small, and economical!

Not bad at all for the price
By aveorider on 09/26/07 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo for about two years now. Going on 27k miles and the car responds well. The size of the car is illusory because it's so small when you see it but inside it's quite roomy. For the price and with the price of gas in Los Angeles, it's perfect and really enjoy. The best part, I'll have it paid off within the next three months.

I Love My Aveo
By Bruce on 03/16/07 03:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have 14,000 miles on my vehicle and I love it. The passenger compartment is roomy and extremely comfortable.All features and additions all have worked perfectly from day one. The heater and airconditioning are more than adequet. The car rides and handles well along with the suprising sound deadening insulation. You can actually hear your radio at high speeds. The mileage I've gotten was also impressive, 28mpg cobination (city & highway), 33mpg highway (thats at 70mph to 75mph). Went on a trip within three days of purchase and found the trunk is more than large enough for its size. I'm totally pleased with my Aveo.

Be aware!
By enigmaz on 03/12/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for my wife over a year ago. Took it on a 1200 mile trip and was great! Gave us good mpg, comfortable, no problem. But now after a year found out that the headlights are going dimmer, fuel economy is terrible (lost about 7 mpg), nasty belt noise and the brakes do not respond as good (almost crashed twice). Also, the resale value is very bad. I guess its like a brand new broom. Works fine just the first couple of times.

Hot Rod
By Richie on 11/09/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the money. I own a Honda CRV which gets about only 25mpg. The Aveo gets 33 mpg consistently and has more pep and is easier to manuever. So far no mechanical problems whatsoever and we are very happy with it. It's great both in stop and go traffic and on the long haul rides. I had the oil changed at 3500 miles by the dealer and nothing else had to be done to it. great car.

My eggbeater!
By Jeanette on 10/18/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although most of my daughter's friends do not like the exterior look of the car, I can honestly say I get really good gas mileage from this car! The gas tank is small, but considering I don't have to fill up every day, it's not that bad! I do like my car. The gas mileage I figured out when I had to drive up north Michigan and WOW was I surprised. It is a stick shift also which helps with the gas mileage. Other then the few problems with the gas delivery system I had, I really love this car!

Angel
By angel on 10/13/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is great little car, expecially as a first car for a teenager. My daughter really enjoys driving it. It has been great on gas, and is reliable. The dealership was very informative about the car as well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.