Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

All and all pretty good....
By soccerguy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car is an auto not stick shift. I bought my Aveo used with 63,000 miles on it. I have had it 4 years and now have 97,000. I am pleased with this car. I have kept up with the normal stuff including timing belt, transmission & radiator service. I need to get front struts replaced which I know some have complained about but I think almost 100,000 miles is a decent lifespan. I am a little disappointed in the around town MPG but the highway is 35 MPG which is awesome. This is a no frills car but it does the job for me. Yes the inside is plastic everywhere and heck I have manual windows but it gets me where I need to go. Have the car properly serviced and you should do fine.

Highway MPG Handling, you can fit this car anywhere Decent traction in snow.

I wish they still made them. This is a perfect second vehicle. We have a minivan that has all the bells and whistles, this car is great for A - B traveling.

Not bad.
By synfulangel

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 92k miles on it. Ran great. We had an over heat issue and had to replace top end. After that we have not had a single issue with the motor or the anything else. These cars can not be handled rough don't stomp on the gas at stop light it can't handle that. If you want one to do that get the manual shift and upgrade the entire motor to do so. Love the Gas mileage The car gets 39 miles to the gallon better than any car i have had. It runs perfect now and has over 115k miles on the lower end of the motor.

Driver and passenger seats they are comfortable, and it is easy for me to put my son's car seat in and pull it out. The leg room is nice. Its easy to replace the transmission filter, oil, Throttle body. love the fact it is higher than most cars it's size makes it easier for snow, and crossing small creeks.

Unbearable Engine Noise on Highway
By Anonymous

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My biggest complaint on this car is: it desperatly needs another gear. I believe it was built for roads in it's home country of Korea because it is comfortable and quite until you hit 70MPH+ Then it is tough to control in all but ideal wind conditions and extremely noisey. It stands at about 3500 RPM when driving 72MPH. This generates unacceptable cabin engine noise. Another factor begging for another trans. gear is the only mediocre gas mileage on the highway. I usually get 35-36 on the highway. When I drive 60 on back roads I can get 40MPG, so I know the car is built for a lower operating speed. Look for an escort, fusion, or malibu; they are designed better for highway driving.

MP3 CD is nice. Stick Shift has great pick up and go. I usually get about 29MPG just running around town. Great interior and trunk space for it's class.

6 SPEED TRANS, or higher gearing!!!! It should run at like 2600-2800 RPM at 75MPH.

I like it!
By happy camper

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car exactly 4 years and like it. Aveo LT was sold out, so I had after-factory door locks, car alarm, & windows put onto car. The car runs great, is fairly low maintenance. I've not had my key stick, or any of the other issues that I see written about. I know when things go wrong, we tend to be more vocal about it, but I wanted you to know that others DO mostly like their Aveos.

This car handled well, had regular maintenance as recommended, & is lasting wonderfully. After 3 1/2 years, I needed new tires, front end alignment over the normal maint.

Drink holder shouldn't be over ashtray, junk holder. Too easy to spill on something. Gas mileage wasn't as good as it was supposed to be. I did get 27-28 mpg though, with in-city freeway driving.

Great gas mileage Key Stuck
By bionicguru

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I easily get the 35 miles per US gallon stated in the heat of the summer but only about 30 mpg in winter. If you get the sport package the cheapest tires i could find were $166 each. My key did get stuck and would not come out. This was a bad solenoid in the shifter assembly and was covered under the powertrain warranty. If this happens to you You can remove the key by pushing the shifter all the way to the left and turning the key at the same time and the key will release.

Mp3 stereo. Handles great with sport package

Brake pedal hard to press and foot can get stuck when wearing work boots.