2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Wallet Saver
By G8rB8t on 06/22/10 05:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I drive 116 miles a day and given that this car has nothing, and I mean nothing to it, it does the job well. I can live without the AC and the AM/FM radio is par but works and helps me survive the commute. The sole purpose of this car was as a commuter for work and nothing more and it does just that. Currently have filled the tank 20 times and am averaging 35.7 MPG. I am a spirited driver so I am sure others could do much better if they don't average 10 mph over the limit like I do.

I've had good luck
By amylou on 05/04/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $9000 for the bare bones 2006 sedan and for the price, I'm happy with it and plan on driving it until it dies. No problems with engine, tranny, electrical, etc. Gear transition chunky, does not improve. I'm lax with regular maintenance and simply don't care about image , so combined with the iffy craftsmanship minor things are always breaking and falling off, too expensive to fix. But I have always LOVED the shape of it, no one wants to steal my little inconspicuous crank-window value model. Needed bushings early on and the shocks/struts have degraded to a Lincoln Continental rolling sort of ride. Unstable in wind on highway. Good for short commute, would buy again for the TRUNK!

Cheap metal
By MYSTICICE13 on 11/30/08 17:55 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car seems to have dents from under the hood. No one knows why. Simply leaning against the car will cause the door to dent, I only weigh 130. I had the emissions valve replaced at 30,000 the clutch plate was replaced after only having it a year, the horn is weak. No block heater (required in Alaska) they charge you extra to get one when it should be installed in a place where its required.

What we wanted
By anotherchevy on 09/11/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have had for about a month. Already have over 3000 miles on it. Bought for a third car to drive long distance commute to save on gas. The car is what we expected for a $9000 car. It runs, goes down the road well, is great on gas and is a tin can. Plain Jane and we like it.

Good deal
By jim on 07/27/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new sedan with manual for $7345. Deducted my GM balance of 3395. and walked out with a new vehicle for under $4000. Does it get any better than that? 35 mpg so far and fun to drive. Plus a 60,000 mile warranty. I can add air, and cruise if I desire, and CD players are available at salvage yards for under $100.

Aveo is great
By Derek on 04/26/06 20:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Looked into a lot of cars for comfort, fuel economy, and the sort.. The Aveo has got it all . Amazing room for a larger person. Comfotatble seats that match Toyota and the beyond, due to the fact the seats and car sit high off the ground. It feels like you're driving a minivan or small truck. Almazing car...I get 41 mies a gallon highway in 5th gear....38.5 miles in town. The base radio is kinda wimpy but who keeps their base radio anyhow? This car is totally worth $9900 base!

Great price and good mileage
By John on 10/25/05 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my special value Aveo for under $7000 brand new. Man what a deal, and I'm getting 35-37 mpg every tankful in mixed driving with ~ 2200 miles on it so far. Can't wait for it to get all the way broken in. I paid $12000 for a Toyota Tercel in 1995 and it didn't have the power or room that the Aveo does although it did get 40 mpg. So that means I paid just over half of what the Tercel cost me 10 years ago. Whats there not to love ?

Just picked up my Aveo!
By groth12345 on 09/02/05 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Having only driven 200 miles on my new Aveo, I can only say that for the cost it is a lot of car for the money. Very roomy (with high seating position adjustment) and enough pep with good handling. Also given the gas prices lately it will be easy on the wallet. The only problem I had was steering wheel shimmy caused by out of round tires on the front. They were rotated to the rear and now the problem is gone. The dealership will replace the tires.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.