2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Not bad.
By synfulangel on 02/04/12 19:18 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 92k miles on it. Ran great. We had an over heat issue and had to replace top end. After that we have not had a single issue with the motor or the anything else. These cars can not be handled rough don't stomp on the gas at stop light it can't handle that. If you want one to do that get the manual shift and upgrade the entire motor to do so. Love the Gas mileage The car gets 39 miles to the gallon better than any car i have had. It runs perfect now and has over 115k miles on the lower end of the motor.

Unbearable Engine Noise on Highway
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My biggest complaint on this car is: it desperatly needs another gear. I believe it was built for roads in it's home country of Korea because it is comfortable and quite until you hit 70MPH+ Then it is tough to control in all but ideal wind conditions and extremely noisey. It stands at about 3500 RPM when driving 72MPH. This generates unacceptable cabin engine noise. Another factor begging for another trans. gear is the only mediocre gas mileage on the highway. I usually get 35-36 on the highway. When I drive 60 on back roads I can get 40MPG, so I know the car is built for a lower operating speed. Look for an escort, fusion, or malibu; they are designed better for highway driving.

I like it!
By happy camper on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car exactly 4 years and like it. Aveo LT was sold out, so I had after-factory door locks, car alarm, & windows put onto car. The car runs great, is fairly low maintenance. I've not had my key stick, or any of the other issues that I see written about. I know when things go wrong, we tend to be more vocal about it, but I wanted you to know that others DO mostly like their Aveos.

Great gas mileage Key Stuck
By bionicguru on 07/27/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I easily get the 35 miles per US gallon stated in the heat of the summer but only about 30 mpg in winter. If you get the sport package the cheapest tires i could find were $166 each. My key did get stuck and would not come out. This was a bad solenoid in the shifter assembly and was covered under the powertrain warranty. If this happens to you You can remove the key by pushing the shifter all the way to the left and turning the key at the same time and the key will release.

Lil Blue Aveo
By BM on 11/14/09 03:06 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well I bought this new for my 16 yr old as a first car. I wanted her to have something new, reliable, and warrantied. So far, so good. She has been driving it about 50K miles and 3.5 years with no mechanical issues. She has had some brim and tire issues though. Chevy didn't want to hear anything about it though. After about 16K miles the tires were bald as a babies butt. She purchased some 40K Firestones and they are lasting. I was thinking it was a normal junky chevy front end or junky calipers etc ruining the tires but I guess it was the "no good" stock tires they put on it. Anyway, She has rode this sucker pretty hard in 3.5 years. She has been "ramming like a teenager".

Dont buy this junk.
By jerseyjoe on 08/14/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I guess the old saying is you get what you pay for. Well in 2007 I bought a 2006 aveo with 16, ooo miles on it and its been in the shop every few months for one thing or another. 1st thing was bad a/c compressor. 2nd thing was faulty computer-and now that the 3 year warranty is up and the vehicle only having 27,000 miles the freeze plug went on it causing the car to over heat blowing the head gasket, so I have a 3 year old car with 27,000 miles that needs a new engine, this car is not reliable or safe. Do yourself a favor and dont but this car. Its imported junk with a Chevy emblem on it. No Wonder gm went bankrupt.

It "sips" the gas
By Avalon1 on 05/15/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car as a rental return not expecting too much for an econo-box. I have been pleasantly surprised. On a trip to sf (253 mile) we got 41 mi to the gallon. The pick-up is zippy and have had no problems in two years. There have been some minor electrical glitches, but no worse than any other car. Get real, this is a cheap car, take what you get. If it is a lemon make some noise. Americans all want a Mercedes for escort price.

Driver's view
By sailor3 on 04/09/09 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. I have made two trips from Frederick Maryland to Florida. On one trip I drove across Interstate 75 at 75 mph on that trip I averaged 35 mpg. I drove to North Carolina and averaged 32 mpg. These are actual driving figures not EPA fudged figures. In city driving my average mile is 25 mpg. My only complaint is with the Cruise Control set up. Having the button under the switch that must be pressed to use the on off switch on the top of the steering wheel is a stupid design.

The Worst Car Ever
By Erin on 03/13/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought this car, it has been in the shop over and over again. I have had transmission problems, wiring problems, engine problems....you name it. And, for some of the issues, I had to take it in two, three, or four times before they could find the problem. For instance, I was driving around with a bad throttle body for 2.5 years before they found the problem. And, I took it in because a lot of my lights were not working, and there was a wiring problem. After 3 visits, the wiring is still not correct, but they say it is. When I took it in bc of the wiring, they realized my gearshift was bad, and they had to replace it. This is a warning to everybody out there, do not buy an Aveo.

If you like walking...
By Agent on 11/30/08 19:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car broke down 4 times in the first 6 months I owned it. 3 breakdowns were a result of the computer and the other 1 was due to the shifter housing. Also, the tires only lasted for about 28k before they needed to be replaced. This car is terrible in high winds and also has problems in the rain, snow, and ice. I was so disappointed that I considered hiring a lawyer to go after the dealership. Also, the gas mileage is seriously overstated. If the initial cost is your only consideration then buy an Aveo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.