2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Well Maintened but still had major problems
By mindintomatter on 07/30/12 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for an amazing price. And I know most people probably purchase the Aveo because of that. At $80,000 miles my car has had a string of major problems. The mechanic remarked that he's been fixing Aveos lately with the same problems. The front struts give out, the Temp Sensor, and the Solenoid. My check engine light just came on again. From speaking to people who have Aveos they say this car is badly built and usually doesn't make it to 100,000 miles. The back seat has almost no leg room either.

Not bad.
By synfulangel on 02/04/12 19:18 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 92k miles on it. Ran great. We had an over heat issue and had to replace top end. After that we have not had a single issue with the motor or the anything else. These cars can not be handled rough don't stomp on the gas at stop light it can't handle that. If you want one to do that get the manual shift and upgrade the entire motor to do so. Love the Gas mileage The car gets 39 miles to the gallon better than any car i have had. It runs perfect now and has over 115k miles on the lower end of the motor.

Unbearable Engine Noise on Highway
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My biggest complaint on this car is: it desperatly needs another gear. I believe it was built for roads in it's home country of Korea because it is comfortable and quite until you hit 70MPH+ Then it is tough to control in all but ideal wind conditions and extremely noisey. It stands at about 3500 RPM when driving 72MPH. This generates unacceptable cabin engine noise. Another factor begging for another trans. gear is the only mediocre gas mileage on the highway. I usually get 35-36 on the highway. When I drive 60 on back roads I can get 40MPG, so I know the car is built for a lower operating speed. Look for an escort, fusion, or malibu; they are designed better for highway driving.

I like it!
By happy camper on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car exactly 4 years and like it. Aveo LT was sold out, so I had after-factory door locks, car alarm, & windows put onto car. The car runs great, is fairly low maintenance. I've not had my key stick, or any of the other issues that I see written about. I know when things go wrong, we tend to be more vocal about it, but I wanted you to know that others DO mostly like their Aveos.

Great gas mileage Key Stuck
By bionicguru on 07/27/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I easily get the 35 miles per US gallon stated in the heat of the summer but only about 30 mpg in winter. If you get the sport package the cheapest tires i could find were $166 each. My key did get stuck and would not come out. This was a bad solenoid in the shifter assembly and was covered under the powertrain warranty. If this happens to you You can remove the key by pushing the shifter all the way to the left and turning the key at the same time and the key will release.

Expected better gas mileage
By D on 07/12/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reviews on this vehicle seem very inconsistent. Based on my research, people seem to be experiencing problems with transmission fluid turning brown very early on (as mine has), but I haven't come across a lot of actual transmission failures. My biggest problem has been fuel economy. For such a tiny car, I expected better than the 25ish total and much less for city driving. Since there aren't any other real advantages over a slightly larger car (besides cost), I have been disappointed by that. For a car of its size, the trunk is great and there is reasonable room in the front seats. The back is tight but that is to be expected. The egg-shape continues to look dated to me.

Wallet Saver
By G8rB8t on 06/22/10 05:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I drive 116 miles a day and given that this car has nothing, and I mean nothing to it, it does the job well. I can live without the AC and the AM/FM radio is par but works and helps me survive the commute. The sole purpose of this car was as a commuter for work and nothing more and it does just that. Currently have filled the tank 20 times and am averaging 35.7 MPG. I am a spirited driver so I am sure others could do much better if they don't average 10 mph over the limit like I do.

Lil Blue Aveo
By BM on 11/14/09 03:06 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well I bought this new for my 16 yr old as a first car. I wanted her to have something new, reliable, and warrantied. So far, so good. She has been driving it about 50K miles and 3.5 years with no mechanical issues. She has had some brim and tire issues though. Chevy didn't want to hear anything about it though. After about 16K miles the tires were bald as a babies butt. She purchased some 40K Firestones and they are lasting. I was thinking it was a normal junky chevy front end or junky calipers etc ruining the tires but I guess it was the "no good" stock tires they put on it. Anyway, She has rode this sucker pretty hard in 3.5 years. She has been "ramming like a teenager".

Dont buy this junk.
By jerseyjoe on 08/14/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I guess the old saying is you get what you pay for. Well in 2007 I bought a 2006 aveo with 16, ooo miles on it and its been in the shop every few months for one thing or another. 1st thing was bad a/c compressor. 2nd thing was faulty computer-and now that the 3 year warranty is up and the vehicle only having 27,000 miles the freeze plug went on it causing the car to over heat blowing the head gasket, so I have a 3 year old car with 27,000 miles that needs a new engine, this car is not reliable or safe. Do yourself a favor and dont but this car. Its imported junk with a Chevy emblem on it. No Wonder gm went bankrupt.

Falling apart
By tnkgrl on 07/28/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car just started having problems. It is falling apart. I loved it until now. ABS cab and the throttle actuator control module went out in two months apart from each other. 46000 miles.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.