2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
good starter car
By owensmommy2011 on 08/19/11 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 3 years now. I don't have too many problems with it. But it is rather. Cheap. mine has only basic features radio only and manual windows/locks. however i'm glad that i can only lock the driver door from the outside. I'm prone to locking the keys in the car. Since becoming a parent we have realized how small it really it. A car seat just squeezes in when rear facing. The smallnes of the car also concerns me when other idiot drivers don't see you around them. We are now looking to trade up to something bigger. Our gas milage itsn't great either.

Dependable but Disappointed
By bab on 07/31/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a fully loaded Chevy Impala for this car when gas went above $4 a gallon. The Impala was getting 22 mpg city and was very very comfortable. With the Aveo, what was advertised on the window sticker, is not what I got. I usually get between 25 to 27 in the city and 30 on the highway. I should have kept my Impala. Aveo alarm goes off for no reason. I looked this problem up on the internet an nobody could get dealer to fix. One guy said to lock it with the key instead of the fob and that has resolved my problem 99% of the time. Now the hood latch is broke. Can't open back up at all. I've kept this serviced as required over the years so I'm praying it lasts me 4 to 5 more years.

It is what it is
By That guy on 07/01/10 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 90 mile a day round trip commute and bought this when gas was over$4 a gal. This is an economy car. They only thing I like about it is that I am 6'2" 300 lbs and I fit into it fine. Otherwise this is a cheap car with cheap features. The factory alarm get buggy and goes off for no reason at times. I've had no major problems but the tires are so small that there can be big problems when potholes are everywhere.

Good ,But Not GREAT.
By FlaBear on 09/30/09 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car at the height of the high gas prices. Expected HUGE gas savings. BUT I have never gotten better than 18mpg in the city,and that is driving no 'pedal to the metal' ever. 'Fun driving' drops it even more. I got better mileage in the truck I traded in for this car. Mechanically it is solid. But trim pieces fade fast,paint is easily scratched,hatch release lever has broken 10 times! All 'fixed' under warranty. But now warranty is gone,and minor things are wearing fast. Nothing major,yet. Kind of fun to drive. Easy to add options that 99% other Aveos don't have. Like FACTORY side molding, tint,aftermarket wheel covers,and graphics kits. Easy to park,and lots of storage in the HB.

Poor Gas Mileage
By Dissapointed on 07/19/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, comfortable and attractive. Good visibility for a petite driver. Very disappointed in gas mileage. For the first year I owned it, I comuted 60 miles RT daily, mostly freeway speeds, and never got over 29 mpg. I am a good driver who regularly go 38-40 out of my Saturn SL1, and expected this car to exceed the federal ratings. I was very disappointed to discover that the ratings are a total fairy tales. Best mileage ever was 29, and usually got 25-27.

Great Little Car
By rharris on 11/06/07 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a lot of fun to drive and handles well in city and country driving. Seats are a little hard for long trips. Needs more cup holders.

The price is right
By mark schmid on 07/06/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Good price and no problems so far with 16,000 on it. Nice looking in and out and more room than expected but could do better on mileage.

Great little car
By dieselpower on 04/06/07 22:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm now rapidly approaching 20k miles. My Aveo continues to run with clockwork reliability. Fuel economy has ranged from a low of 32, to as high as 43 mpg. I'm 6'2" tall, and have no problem finding enough room to stretch out in this car, even on long highway trips. I also love the European urban runabout styling. I have the 5 speed manual in mine, and find the power to be plenty adequate. My only issue has been the tires, which seem to have trouble maintaining balance. Plans are to swap 'em out in the near future. Overall, I would highly recommend buying one. My neighbor was impressed enough to buy one for himself two days after I bought mine. His has also been flawless.

Huge bang for your buck.
By Steve on 03/09/07 07:14 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Solid car that achieves a lot for the money you are paying. Interior is a huge shock to GM owners accustomed to horrible interior design and quality. Aveo rivals current GM cars twice the price. Small car but extreme efficient in space especially with the hatchback system. Ride quality, wow it's good, being firm enough but still soft to soak up pothole-ridden streets. You sit up high and so it feels almost like being in a mini-van instead of in a typical bathtub-like experience of typical econoboxes. Power is adequate for single driver but craves more with passengers. With a packed car, plan swift acceleration carefully as it'll struggle. Exterior is a beaut. European traits show.

Changes
By Wakabu on 12/15/06 09:44 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Hatch has decent ride and gas mileage seems to be improving although I have only 1200 miles on her.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.