2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
A bit Spongey
By heitro on 03/23/12 02:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a used 2006 Aveo LT hatchback at 103025 miles. The carfax stated it had regular service done according to the timetable laid out in the manual. So mostly the car runs excellent. My chief complaint at first were the brakes. Ive driven a assortment of cars of various qualities in my years. And I suspected that since it had scheduled maintenance done it would be in good quality, but the brakes are very weak. It feels as though the car is too heavy for the brakes it came with. I tried replacing the brake pads and rotors with OEM quality replacements, and while it made the braking slightly better, it still feels far too heavy.

This car is crap!
By Jessica on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Don't waste your money. My Aveo was brand new off the lot and I got it all the way to PA from NC. The car would shut off and I took it by a dealer who told me they were closed, to go home, and to bring it back. Come to find out the car had the wrong alternator in it. The CD player went out soon after I bought it. The dealer wouldn't fix it, said it wasn't covered under warranty. I bought a new stereo. The key gets locked in the mechanism and I can't get it out without disconnecting the battery. I have to always get tires and front end alignments, sometimes twice a year. Body scratches easily and air conditioner vents close constantly. I found out the cars have Daewoo parts as well.

What gas mileage?
By Susan on 08/20/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2006, new off the lot. I didn't like the skimpy tires, so had new ones put on with more grip. The air conditioner flaps always shut down from day 1. Drink holder is a joke. Too small and over the ashtray and junk holder. Seats are too narrow and edges curve inward on my husband's shoulders..causes pain for him to ride in it. Gas mileage BOMBED after a few years,lost pick up and tends to jerk slightly when accelerating. Body does get small dents and scratches easily, even after the 200$ extra coating they sold me for the paint job. Clutch now seems to be not engaging smoothly or wearing out. Needs alignment often. 30k miles on it so far.

Economical Road Warrior
By chuckytown on 02/11/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 87,000 miles on this car in 3.5 years. I'm its only driver. I've put a 6' ladder in this car (and closed the hatch), weedwacker, furniture, a dishwasher, several loads of stone, went on a 2,500 mile road trip. I drive 2 hours a day highway. Drove 6 hours in a blizzard yesterday. I've tested this car pretty good. Roads around here ate up the factory suspension. Changed timing belt at 70,000. This is our "truck". I used it as a landscaping car this summer. Fits a big cargo load with seats down. Love the LT! I will drive it to 200k! I can whip this car around country roads fast enough to induce involuntary screams from passengers, but braking and handling always compensate

CUTEST FLOWER POWER CAR!!
By AILEEN on 03/02/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far I have driven my car to Philly, New Jersey,way upstate NY and love it. I don't get great gas mileage :( but it's zippy for a manual and comfortable to drive. Its yellow & I recently put a big cool purple flower on the hood and I hope to start a new trend to replace the Volkswagen bug..haha MY CAR IS CUTER!!!

4 door wonder!
By Luvmyaveo on 05/16/08 09:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can not believe how much fun it is to drive this "babycar"! My friends call it my Jelly Bean and they are astonished at how much room it has inside, and how much we can haul with just 2 of us. We fold the rear seats down and off to Costo we go! This car has the heart of a Corvette, and the fuel economy of a smart car. It is a treat to drive and own!

I love my Aveo!
By jcseinar on 05/12/08 01:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an Aveo as a commuter car. I have never driven anything but a truck, so downsizing was a little hard to get used to. I have driven this Aveo everyday for the past year and a half without any trouble whatsoever. I change the oil and perform regular maintenance, but this car has been 100% free of trouble. It runs like a top. I get great gas mileage at about 42 MPG.

to many probelms
By fgsmith on 04/21/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Has had 4 sets of headlights in 2 yrs. 2 full sets of tires. Needs serpentine belt @ 40,000 these problems are not resolved ignition coil replaced @ 20,000 miles. New sunroof @less than 5000 mp3 player didn't last six months. Struts @ 20,000 miles. Gear shift assembly @ 15,000. Car dies in traffic @times other times won't start a lot of problems seem to be electrical in origin. Other mechanics say the car has been wrecked. I bought it new. The car only has 40,000 on it now. Gas mileage not as good as advertised also had crank sensor replaced @ 15,000.

Great Buy for the Money
By t92168 on 10/23/07 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say that I've been very impressed with this car. It's done everything that I've asked of it. It handles well, is incredibly reliable, and isn't bad looking. I'm a large man and the interior room is great! I looked at the Ford Focus and Fusion, as well as the Chevy HHR before picking the Aveo and couldn't be happier with my decision. Of course, if I had paid $30k instead of $15k for this car, I would have expected significantly more overall quality of materials and fit. But you can't beat this for the money!

It's a mini-car.
By Zippy on 03/03/07 22:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When gas went up, wife and I bought the yellow LT hatch. We wanted sunroof, ABS and fog lamps. We couldn't find one with all 3, so we settled w/ sunroof and ABS. We got the 5S since this engine needs every gear. It's cramped and underpowered but handles like a skate. With the back seat folded, the hatch has plenty of space. It's a very good commuter. South Korea has built a quality package for Chevy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.