Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Well Maintened but still had major problems
By mindintomatter

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for an amazing price. And I know most people probably purchase the Aveo because of that. At $80,000 miles my car has had a string of major problems. The mechanic remarked that he's been fixing Aveos lately with the same problems. The front struts give out, the Temp Sensor, and the Solenoid. My check engine light just came on again. From speaking to people who have Aveos they say this car is badly built and usually doesn't make it to 100,000 miles. The back seat has almost no leg room either.

Price

Expected better gas mileage
By D

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Reviews on this vehicle seem very inconsistent. Based on my research, people seem to be experiencing problems with transmission fluid turning brown very early on (as mine has), but I haven't come across a lot of actual transmission failures. My biggest problem has been fuel economy. For such a tiny car, I expected better than the 25ish total and much less for city driving. Since there aren't any other real advantages over a slightly larger car (besides cost), I have been disappointed by that. For a car of its size, the trunk is great and there is reasonable room in the front seats. The back is tight but that is to be expected. The egg-shape continues to look dated to me.

Reliable so far (42000). Good Trunk.

Shouldn't be considered a fuel-economy leader in its class.

Falling apart
By tnkgrl

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car just started having problems. It is falling apart. I loved it until now. ABS cab and the throttle actuator control module went out in two months apart from each other. 46000 miles.

throttle actuator control module and ABS cab

Great Little Car for Short Cash
By moremileage

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 01/07 with 19,000 miles on it. I love the car, it is great for my trips to work, and for short jaunts around town. It's not a Deville, but it sure is what it supposed to be! Small, and economical!

Moonroof that opens like an expensive car! Seats are comfortable with plenty of headroom. Large trunk.

Improved gas mileage. I only get about 25mpg combined.

Not bad at all for the price
By aveorider

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo for about two years now. Going on 27k miles and the car responds well. The size of the car is illusory because it's so small when you see it but inside it's quite roomy. For the price and with the price of gas in Los Angeles, it's perfect and really enjoy. The best part, I'll have it paid off within the next three months.

Compact size. Speed and performance on highways. Very roomy interior and versatile with rear seat movements.

Bigger tires. More fuel economy. More power when speeding up and torque ability on inclines.