Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Wallet Saver
By G8rB8t

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I drive 116 miles a day and given that this car has nothing, and I mean nothing to it, it does the job well. I can live without the AC and the AM/FM radio is par but works and helps me survive the commute. The sole purpose of this car was as a commuter for work and nothing more and it does just that. Currently have filled the tank 20 times and am averaging 35.7 MPG. I am a spirited driver so I am sure others could do much better if they don't average 10 mph over the limit like I do.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Little options so little can go wrong. Parking capabilities and vision out of the car are great. Feels roomy and plenty of space for my 6' 270 lb frame in front and back.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really say much. You get what you pay for especially in the SVM. The only thing I would recommend is a louder horn.

I've had good luck
By amylou

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $9000 for the bare bones 2006 sedan and for the price, I'm happy with it and plan on driving it until it dies. No problems with engine, tranny, electrical, etc. Gear transition chunky, does not improve. I'm lax with regular maintenance and simply don't care about image , so combined with the iffy craftsmanship minor things are always breaking and falling off, too expensive to fix. But I have always LOVED the shape of it, no one wants to steal my little inconspicuous crank-window value model. Needed bushings early on and the shocks/struts have degraded to a Lincoln Continental rolling sort of ride. Unstable in wind on highway. Good for short commute, would buy again for the TRUNK!

Favorite Features

HUGE trunk, cute from behind, mileage, reliable, nice stying inside, large side mirrors, rear view less obstructed than the hatchback, eyeglasses holder seems trivial but very useful, narrow to fit between rude SUV parkers, brakes worked great when it counts and stop on a dime with good control.

Suggested Improvements

better quality gadgets and gizmos, more stability in wind, wheel covers scratch easily, if you live on a bumpy road the suspension suffers and bushings go bad, has a well known problem with gear transition that makes shifting a 2-motion event and this never got better, I just got used to it.

Cheap metal
By MYSTICICE13

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car seems to have dents from under the hood. No one knows why. Simply leaning against the car will cause the door to dent, I only weigh 130. I had the emissions valve replaced at 30,000 the clutch plate was replaced after only having it a year, the horn is weak. No block heater (required in Alaska) they charge you extra to get one when it should be installed in a place where its required.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is good at first, but if you dont flush it every now and then it goes downhill fast. Not very good for in city miles, excellent highway miles.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanically could be put together more durably.

What we wanted
By anotherchevy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have had for about a month. Already have over 3000 miles on it. Bought for a third car to drive long distance commute to save on gas. The car is what we expected for a $9000 car. It runs, goes down the road well, is great on gas and is a tin can. Plain Jane and we like it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

None

Good deal
By jim

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new sedan with manual for $7345. Deducted my GM balance of 3395. and walked out with a new vehicle for under $4000. Does it get any better than that? 35 mpg so far and fun to drive. Plus a 60,000 mile warranty. I can add air, and cruise if I desire, and CD players are available at salvage yards for under $100.

Favorite Features

Lots of room

Suggested Improvements

GM should work towards getting 45 mpg with this car. They would sell a million