Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

All and all pretty good....
By soccerguy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car is an auto not stick shift. I bought my Aveo used with 63,000 miles on it. I have had it 4 years and now have 97,000. I am pleased with this car. I have kept up with the normal stuff including timing belt, transmission & radiator service. I need to get front struts replaced which I know some have complained about but I think almost 100,000 miles is a decent lifespan. I am a little disappointed in the around town MPG but the highway is 35 MPG which is awesome. This is a no frills car but it does the job for me. Yes the inside is plastic everywhere and heck I have manual windows but it gets me where I need to go. Have the car properly serviced and you should do fine.

Highway MPG Handling, you can fit this car anywhere Decent traction in snow.

I wish they still made them. This is a perfect second vehicle. We have a minivan that has all the bells and whistles, this car is great for A - B traveling.

Well Maintened but still had major problems
By mindintomatter

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for an amazing price. And I know most people probably purchase the Aveo because of that. At $80,000 miles my car has had a string of major problems. The mechanic remarked that he's been fixing Aveos lately with the same problems. The front struts give out, the Temp Sensor, and the Solenoid. My check engine light just came on again. From speaking to people who have Aveos they say this car is badly built and usually doesn't make it to 100,000 miles. The back seat has almost no leg room either.

Price

A bit Spongey
By heitro

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a used 2006 Aveo LT hatchback at 103025 miles. The carfax stated it had regular service done according to the timetable laid out in the manual. So mostly the car runs excellent. My chief complaint at first were the brakes. Ive driven a assortment of cars of various qualities in my years. And I suspected that since it had scheduled maintenance done it would be in good quality, but the brakes are very weak. It feels as though the car is too heavy for the brakes it came with. I tried replacing the brake pads and rotors with OEM quality replacements, and while it made the braking slightly better, it still feels far too heavy.

Larger diameter brakes, front and rear rotors. Stiffer suspension.

Not bad.
By synfulangel

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 92k miles on it. Ran great. We had an over heat issue and had to replace top end. After that we have not had a single issue with the motor or the anything else. These cars can not be handled rough don't stomp on the gas at stop light it can't handle that. If you want one to do that get the manual shift and upgrade the entire motor to do so. Love the Gas mileage The car gets 39 miles to the gallon better than any car i have had. It runs perfect now and has over 115k miles on the lower end of the motor.

Driver and passenger seats they are comfortable, and it is easy for me to put my son's car seat in and pull it out. The leg room is nice. Its easy to replace the transmission filter, oil, Throttle body. love the fact it is higher than most cars it's size makes it easier for snow, and crossing small creeks.

good starter car
By owensmommy2011

2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 3 years now. I don't have too many problems with it. But it is rather. Cheap. mine has only basic features radio only and manual windows/locks. however i'm glad that i can only lock the driver door from the outside. I'm prone to locking the keys in the car. Since becoming a parent we have realized how small it really it. A car seat just squeezes in when rear facing. The smallnes of the car also concerns me when other idiot drivers don't see you around them. We are now looking to trade up to something bigger. Our gas milage itsn't great either.

better gas milage. better engine parts.