His and Hers
By ckmolina on
2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
My husband and I both own the 2005 aveo. His has 11500 miles on it and mine has 11300 miles on it. I drive the hatchback LS and he drives the sedan LT. We have driven from Missouri to California and back with no problems. Both of our daylight running lamps have quit working reliably, both the dashlight indicator and the lights themselves. We haven't gotten them fixed, instead we just turn on the headlights. Just recently we have had a problem with the sedan overheating. We are still trying to fix that one. The hatchback has had no major issues.
Favorite Features
We get pretty decent gas mileage, with my daily commute of 112 miles giving me a 31mpg on the highway. She stops quickly, has a TINY turn radius and most repairs and replacement items are pretty well priced (cheaper). Because of the tiny size of the vehicle, I have often been able to park where others cannot- in the spot where the two cars on each side are over MY line, in the space where two parallel parked cars boxed in someone else, in the parking space with the shopping cart in it. I love my tiny blueberry!
Suggested Improvements
The radio and temperature control features are set well below eye level, making it difficult to change things while trying to concentrate on driving, however, since they have large buttons, you can quickly learn to navigate them by feel. Also the seats are not very ergonomic. I am a shorter female and I often have a sore shoulder, a sore lower back and a sore neck from driving. The headrest pushes your head forward, while the bucket back of the set causes you to slump and the seat has a backwards tilt causing your hips to rest lower than your thighs. Also, she drags a bit when you are accelerating from a stop and when going uphill.