More than I asked for
By Happycust on
2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
The LT with the manual transmission is a great car-period. Roomier than the VW Golf and the manual shifter is incredibly positive in its feel and throw. Build quality and finish are excellent. Controls are logical and well placed. The interior is spacious and comfortable, even the back seat will comfortably seat 2 six foot adults. The engine is smooth and quiet, with a wide power/torque band. Acceleration is very good. The car is fun to drive and very forgiving in its handling. Overall after the first month I have to admit that I'm atonished at the value this car provides. The only drawback is that in 50MPH plus crosswinds the car can be tricky because of it's small size/weight.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, nimble, spacious, well built, quiet and very cofortable at 75+MPH. Gas mileage is very good since I'm averaging 34MPG in combined driving. Braking is excellent; visually it appears that the front disc brakes were sourced from a larger GM vehicle. Great value for the money.
Suggested Improvements
Since the LT is the high end model I think that the plastic arm rests look a bit cheap, but they are solid and very functional.