2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Great Inexpensive Daily Driver

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Inexpensive Daily Driver
By EllwynX on

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car almost a year/6200 miles it's been a very reliable vehicle. Plenty of room for tall drivers despite its small stature. Performs well for a car its price. Plenty of features (power windows/locks/mirror/sunroof, keyless entry, CDw/mp3 capability) for an entry level car. If you're in the market for one now, I say wait for the 2007's to come out. Their look is MUCH improved over the '04-'06 and they are getting a few more features not available on the '04-'06's. The Aveo was the #1 selling car in it's class for '05 and that should continue with the improved '07 model being released this year. My Performance/Fun ratings are low due to my having an '02 Camaro previously.

You get plenty of features for the money.

Gas mileage. I only average 23mpg around town. I got that in my '02 V6 Camaro and expected better from the Aveo. Needs another gear, you can just feel the engine wanting to shift at highway speeds. Arm rest and Cruise Control would be nice.