Excellent, Fun, Blue Flame Special
By Aveo Fan on
2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
We originally got this car for our daughter when hers needed to be replaced. My wife insisted on one with pinstripes and blue flames on the doors. We drove the car for that weekend and decided to keep it for ourselves with our daughter getting my current car. The car has terrific interior space. It rides as well as cars more than twice the price. As for fun, I've had several Corvettes, and except for sheer acceleration, this car is as big of a blast to drive. Folks seem to like the quirky styling. It was rear ended (about 5 mph) by some fool a couple months ago and the car took the impact very well with only minor damage to the bumper and one fender. It's had no warranty issues at all.
Favorite Features
Surprising interior room! Good handling chacteristics. A/C works great even on 90+ degree days. Good visibility all around. Its acceleration from a stop is quite good. However, over 30+ mph, plan ahead. :-)
Suggested Improvements
Overall fuel economy is a bit low considering its engine size but frankly we don't care. The front in-dash cupholder scrapes my leg when used. We got manual locks, windows, and mirrors and wish now that they were automatic but that was our choice at the time.