2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Anemic

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

By Mark on

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Since my purchase of a 2005 Aveo, I have been greatly disappointed. I had a Geo Metro Hatchback (3 Cyl) that had more get up and go than this car with 15mpg more than what I am now receiving. The tires wore out in 25000 miles of highway driving. The A/C is marginal, and the auto- transmission is absolutely the worst. I also have a Plymouth Voyager, it gets almost the same gas mileage as the 1000lb smaller car with 2 more cyclinders to feed gas. I'm lucky to get 25 mpg in city, a corvette will get the same driven moderately. This is one of the poorest cars GM has put their badge on, period. For the same amount of money, go buy a Honda Accord or Civic.

The cd/stereo is actually quite good. The sunroof is a nice feature, but the A/C can't keep up with the interior heat buildup.

Take GM's namebadge off the Daewoo that this is. Short of that, a better transmission that engages more firmly, and locks up earlier. Better tires, the stock ones wore out within 25000 miles. The MPG is big engine sedan, not gas sipping econo-car.