Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Unfortunate Lemon
By One Good Granny

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car 3 months and front end pulls upon driving and increases pull during braking. Mechanics adjusted sub frame, replaced one wheel (manufactures defect), alignment performed. It still pulls; yet now in the opposite direction! Too unsteady for a brand new vehicle. I paid $16,400 for this vehicle. Was told sub frame misalignment normal as shipped from Korea and rough seas can pull on frame tie downs.

Small easy to move around in big city.

Chassis stability. Make it in America. Stand behind product. Dealership training in customer relations and customer satisfasction.

Satisfied customer
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant and easy driving characterize the Aveo. Handling is agile and predicable with quick braking. Turning circles are short. The car is solid, well-built and heavy for its size. It's very economical on gas. It glues to the road well with proper tires. (Factory Kuhmos were replaced immediately after purchase.) The short nose, tall driving position, and superior forward view magnify the car's agility assets, making it easy to drive. The 1.6 L4 provides plenty of pep (4-sp auto). This car rides well, and handles well in snow. The cabin is spacious. I am 5'8", and my girl is 5'10" with very long legs. Limits: seats four only, trunk lid arms dip into trunk, lower than normal ground clearance.

Easy to drive. Handy. Rides well. Safe. Extremely well laid out interior. Eyeglass and parking pass holders are nice touches. Extremely cheap to own and operate. Quiet interior. Quality construction. Even my mechanic was impressed. Chevy translates to cheap reliable maintenance ten years from now.

Reduce intrusion of trunk lid arms into trunk space. Allow mounting of wider and larger tires. Sell moonroof package with basic automatic transmission version.

A decent if not ordinary vehicle
By Josh Lymon

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting about 2000 mi on this model, I am generally very pleased with it. The high speed handling is competent, and it feels good behind the wheel. on a recent 600 mi trip on the interstate, I got 34 mpg. Around town I am getting 26-28. It has all the room I need, takes washboard and bumpy roads with grace, and has an overall decent feel. I come from a Toyota/Honda history, so I was very pleasantly surprised the Aveo was so nice. I don't like the fact I can't see the end of the hood or even behind. I'm a lousy parallel parker, and these factors don't help. I'm disappointed the rear has a blind spot. I would recommend this model to anybody interested in economy without investing a lot

The looks of this car at first are kind of quirky. But I have gotten quite happy with the appearence.

Lights/Windshield wiper control seem to be the exact opposite of all my other cars. Wish it had a center armrest or console.

Aveo? WHY NOT!!
By H's Ride

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my mom. She had a Neon before this car. This car was $1,000's cheaper and is a lot nicer. Good car for teenagers or the elderly. This car has a smooth and quiet ride.

Power Locks, Windows, Keyless entry. Cool Red color.

Needs bodyside moldings

I love this car!
By Chevrolet Aveo

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a perky little car. It handles beautifully, the climate control is great, the CD player and speakers are wonderful. It is very roomy, and everything I need is within reach. There is nothing about it that I don't like.

Surprisingly large trunk, and the floor of it is higher than it is on a lot of other cars. Smoothe ride, even at high speeds. Comfortable seats. Great outside lights, plus fog and running lights. Feels very safe and is very reliable.

'Blind spots' on sides of rear window are a little too large.