2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Not a Putt Putt! Awesome Little Car!
By Nancy on 12/16/04 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful little car that GM/Chevy has come out with. We have the LT hatchback, with automatic transmission. It drives smooth and is quite peppy - you floor it and it takes off! I have driven 4 cylinders before that just won't MOVE when you put the pedal to the metal. Not this baby, she's not a putt-putt, she's world class for a subcompact! It's comfy and roomy - my 6'4" nephew fits beautifully in it! We traded a gas guzzling Ford F150 for it and have not regretted it! It SIPS gas, it will cost us ONE THIRD of what the Ford cost us weekly in gas! For the money this is one great little car! If you want a subcompact that's cheap in price but high in quality, buy an Aveo!

Not bad for money!
By i_l_ aveo on 12/14/04 16:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Aveo is made in Korea, a car popular overseas as Daewoo. KALOS design in Italy. I got only 24 mpg in street with auto transmission. Accelerator pedal become shaky at 65 mph. It's hard for the 1.6L engine to go up a hill; I could not reach 45 mph on Verazzano Bridge NYC. Car has slow acceleration. Weak engine made by GM and not as fuel economical as I sought

not bad for money
By abou_omar on 12/02/04 13:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought only for my self to go to work 15 miles away, I love its design interior & exterior, nice head space, very comfortable. But it got slow acceleration and noisy in the begining but you can go 70 mph on the highway. I got it on smart buy program with low monthly pymnt

Aveo - Nice car but not fuel efficient
By Newlands on 11/15/04 13:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is a truly delightful car and my only complaint is that that it does not get anywhere near the fuel consumption it is reputed to have.

2004 Aveo Automatic
By needstutoring on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It has performed flawlessly to date. No problems whatsoever. As a large person the design is very comfortable and good gas mileage, handling, and ride.

Roomy efficient car
By Kevin McDonald on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Lots more head room than my older smal car (Ford Aspire). Better than expected insulation from outside noise. Can carry the whole family in the car.

My little baby...
By KttotheZ on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Frankly its a little petal pusher but all in all it is a great little car! The gas mileage is awsome..everytime I fill my gas tank suprisingly it is less than $20. Also the fear of parallel parking is swept away because all I have to do is just pull into the spot! But my favorite characteristic about the aveo would have to be its look its just soo adorable! Go get one.

excellent value
By Jeff and Alicia on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

excellent economy car. More power than we initially thought. It goes up the mountain roads quite easily. Lots of room for large drivers. Fun to drive and great on gas.

Aveo
By Juel on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive and gets good fuel economy

Best Value
By Obsessed on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very good first car, slow but good acceleration, good fit and finish, and great paint color (victory red). Only thing I don't like is no side airbages.