2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
I love my Aveo
By Ilona on 11/18/05 01:34 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought an 05 Chevy Aveo LT (the hatchback version) for me as my first car. I'm an 18 year old college student and this car is perfect for me. It gets me to school, to see my friends, and do whatever else I need. I've driven in it for over 4 hours with my dad on vacation, and am going to take it to Lake Tahoe (a 6-7 hr drive from LA) in a few weeks for winter break. It's an overall reliable vehicle, roomy enough to fit 5 people (4 without a problem), and to top it off is super cute. I get compliments on it all the time, and all my friends + family love to drive in it with me. I love this car!

A decent if not ordinary vehicle
By Josh Lymon on 11/17/05 17:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting about 2000 mi on this model, I am generally very pleased with it. The high speed handling is competent, and it feels good behind the wheel. on a recent 600 mi trip on the interstate, I got 34 mpg. Around town I am getting 26-28. It has all the room I need, takes washboard and bumpy roads with grace, and has an overall decent feel. I come from a Toyota/Honda history, so I was very pleasantly surprised the Aveo was so nice. I don't like the fact I can't see the end of the hood or even behind. I'm a lousy parallel parker, and these factors don't help. I'm disappointed the rear has a blind spot. I would recommend this model to anybody interested in economy without investing a lot

My 2005 Aveo
By Jason on 11/16/05 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great! I drove an '03 Impala, which I miss, but the gas mileage is worth the down-grade. Since I bought my Aveo during the GM employee pricing, I got the LT version with all the toys for around $12,600, including a sun roof. I've been approached by several co-workers, and friends asking me about it. It's a fun car!

Aveo? WHY NOT!!
By H's Ride on 11/12/05 02:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my mom. She had a Neon before this car. This car was $1,000's cheaper and is a lot nicer. Good car for teenagers or the elderly. This car has a smooth and quiet ride.

I love this car!
By Chevrolet Aveo on 11/09/05 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a perky little car. It handles beautifully, the climate control is great, the CD player and speakers are wonderful. It is very roomy, and everything I need is within reach. There is nothing about it that I don't like.

I love my Aveo!!
By a_reality on 11/09/05 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people laughed at me when I announced I was buying an Aveo. However, every single one of them instantly changed their minds the moment they sat down in this little car. It is amazingly roomy and provides a nice comfortable ride. Okay, so it's not a Cadillac, but it's not really meant to be either. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of head room in this little baby. Living in San Francisco where parking is a nightmare I appreciate owning a small good looking car that has the power to get up large hills, and can park just about anywhere. I'd recomend this car to just about anyone who needs basic point A to point B transportation.

Perfect for the Price
By Scott on 10/13/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a perfect little car if you're looking for something affordable, not too flashy, but still reliable. I have the manual transmission and although it was listed at 28 mpg in the city, I get 31 consistently and nearly 40 mpg on the highway. If it's lacking anything, it's top speed, but the speed limit is 75 anyway, right? If you don't feel like spending $17,000 just so you can say you drive a Civic, buy yourself an Aveo. It's every bit as fun to drive, versatile, roomy, and a lot cheaper.

Nice car
By RICHARD B on 10/07/05 19:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive.Car is used just to and from work. Lots of room . I am 6ft 1 and 250lbs no problem. Easy to park.

Good Bang For Your Buck
By Michelle Tyerman on 10/06/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Totally amazed with Aveo's power, styling and comfort considering itÂ’s an economy car, and very inexpensive. Would definitely recommend this car to anyone thinking of buying an economy vehicle. Once you master how to utilize the hold button on the automatic which I purchased, this car is awesome.

Aveo = Affordability, Economy.
By Spikeymikey on 10/04/05 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Not a great looking ride, nothing to show off or be proud of. But if you want a new car with payments that are easy to make, great gas mileage, and not a fortune to insure, this car is great. No complaints