2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
More than I asked for
By Happycust on 03/10/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The LT with the manual transmission is a great car-period. Roomier than the VW Golf and the manual shifter is incredibly positive in its feel and throw. Build quality and finish are excellent. Controls are logical and well placed. The interior is spacious and comfortable, even the back seat will comfortably seat 2 six foot adults. The engine is smooth and quiet, with a wide power/torque band. Acceleration is very good. The car is fun to drive and very forgiving in its handling. Overall after the first month I have to admit that I'm atonished at the value this car provides. The only drawback is that in 50MPH plus crosswinds the car can be tricky because of it's small size/weight.

Aveo
By JV on 03/05/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. All of my friends laugh when they see me in my little yellow car but then when they see my gas bills I get the last laugh. Also, I can fit so much stuff in that car. My sister's four kids all fit and two of them are in car seats. People just don't believe it until they see it. And I have fit TWO 6'3" men in the back seat of my car with a third passenger in the back seat and they weren't sitting with their knees up to their chins either. I just love my car, it is quiet and smooth and it is really cool. It is just great.

Best Little Car
By Deb on 03/01/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best little car. I had a Geo Metro, and this somewhat reminds me of it in terms of its size and looks, but this is a much better quality. The inside reminds me of a minivan, and is very roomy for its size. I have received many compliments on the car and the color (teal/aqua) from total strangers, including the McDonald's drive thru window lady! A great little car for commuting to the city or for interstate travel (I do both every week). The suspension is perfect; it turns on a dime and gives you change back. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

A Fun Ride
By Kristina on 02/17/05 22:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo my first brand new car! I bought it 1/2/05 in Tampa Florida and proceeded to drive it to Detroit Michigan, 1306 miles! It drove well on the freeway holding it's own with the big rigs and taking the mountains very well for a 4 cylinder. Gas mileage on the highway was good about 30 MPG and city isn't too great 20-21 MPG, but it is winter here! My coworkers and friends love it. It has lots of interior room for such a compact car. I have been asked by strangers what it is and where I got it more than a few times, so I think it will be around a while. I traded in a Ford Aspire to get this car, so anyone used to small car driving should love it with the huge interior and user friendly dash. I really like this car! I think I overpaid by about $2,000 but I REALLY wanted it! So I got it and I do like it a lot, my first Chevy and I am thus far impressed!

Surprising "cheap" car
By MN driver on 02/16/05 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Having had a LOT of different cars (all price ranges including Lexus), I was looking for a real cheap drive to work car. The Aveo has proven so far to be a very acceptable ride. My only complaint is the choice of tires which do not provide much handling especially on ice/snow. The car starts in cold weather (below 0) is quiet has a good radio/ABS/Auto Trans and great interior space. It is a lot of car for the low price.

I love my Aveo
By ClaiS on 02/04/05 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car!! I have had great luck with the car so far and when ever I have had any questions the dealorship was very quick to get the answers. The car is VERY FUN to drive and has incredible room inside, lots of leg room in the back.

My Aveo
By Cheeky on 01/12/05 09:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aveo! As soon as I saw that these were going to be coming out soon I just had to have one! It's great on gas, comfortable and very roomy. My husband is a big man and he has enough room for his long legs. I get great mileage and I just cant get over how good the car drives. I just can't say enough about my Aveo. I just hope more people buy them so they can experince the same.

Fuel economy and driving fun
By Randy Pilgrim on 01/04/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle for a 120 mile daily commute and I wanted to start with a new vehicle for the warranty and safety and peace of mind. I have had the Aveo for over 3 months now and I am very happy with it. I just turned over ten thousand miles now, and the fuel mileage is now at 35 mpg, as advertised. The ride is excellent, handling is very good, and the interior room and quietness is good. I drive the interstate daily; it’s a light car, so big trucks tend to blow it around a little when passing or following them. It’s also a car that demands a little more attention in rainy weather or very wet roads, I guess due to its light weight. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Off to work
By oribhabor on 01/01/05 10:23 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I find the Aveo a very fun car to drive. Its interior is extremely large for the size of car it is. It’s not nearly a boxy as the Mini Cooper. My friends tell me that I have a new toy. I agree. I have named it Mighty Mouse. It gets pretty good mileage; maybe 28 mpg. If you need a car to commute with, it’s the one.

A move up from a METRO
By pms on 12/19/04 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Being a person who hates big, pretentious vehicles, I appreciate this car very much. I think America could use an attitude change to "bigger Women, and smaller trucks". One does not feel MACHO in this type of car. It is only for the intelligent, secure buyer. The relative luxury, when compared to a METRO is wonderful. Some zip in the engine, power locks/ windows...I am spoiled!!