Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

A nice package indeed
By cyrral

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to get a Key Lime green version, which they don't normally offer. It sure is an attention getter. I've been averaging 33-35mpg. Has a nice ride on the freeway, and no problem doing 80 when you need it. Great interior with plenty of leg room. CD plays mp3s, so you can have a great selection of songs on a few CDs.

Great gas mileage, easy handling, comfortable ride, spacious.

A slightly larger trunk area. Non- chrome shift-base trimming.(reflex sunlight real easy)

A Great Little Car!!
By Andy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be one of the best bargains available today. All of the negative comments I read in reviews I have not found to be true on my car. This car is the best riding, most comfortable, quietest small car I have ever driven. It handles great both on rural roads and super highways. I have read about problems with standard tranny but mine shifts great in every gear all the time. Passenger room is great, even in rear seat. Cargo room is great with rear seat folded. Engine is great. Very smooth and requires less shifting than any 4 cyl I have ever driven. So far I have averaged 34 MPG! This is not a luxury car or a muscle car or a sports car, but after 5 mos and 7000 mi Im very satisfied

Looks, comfort, reliability. For $8900 off the lot, tax and title incuded it is definitely a great value. Even base am/fm stereo sounds great!

Considering the price, none.

Aveo
By princess

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is not one I would recommend I have had so many problems with it. It has been in and out of the shop for 2 months now and that should not be happening with 5500 miles on it I purchased it in April...I do not suggest this car to anyone. They are garbage.

To find out the problems with these cars and fix them because there are plenty.

I love my Metro all grown up!!
By John McCommas

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car and I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It reminds me so much of my little blue Metro that I bought in 1994. Those engines in those cars did stink when they got old but they were so much fun to drive. Great on gas too. I have a few beefs though about the Aveo. I don't think the blue was sharp enough. I hated the pastel blue and the other blue just did not pop. So I got the red which does pop. The other thing is I got an automatic and I find it does not shift right a lot of times. It is stuck in a lower gear and you have to pump the gas a little to get the gears to move so the ride is smooth again.

I love these back to the future windows that roll with a crank! That is the best ever feature!! You don’t need keys to roll the windows up or down. Cool!

Remove obstructing headrests in back seat, a better cup holder, maybe put the emergency break under the dash so space could be used in-between seats for beverages, cd storage etc. side airbags, car matt for drivers side, multiple cd radio, locks for rear doors.

I Love My Aveo
By zensmile

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive, kinda like a super go-cart for big kids. I really like the way this car drives and it is peppy for being only 1.6L--a great city car and good for short trips (200-350 miles).

The size of the car is amazing. Very easy to parallel park and zips in and out of city traffic. It is roomier inside that it appears. The design of the interior is exceptional and modern.

The only thing that I can think of is the glove box. It would be nicer if the compartment were a tad larger. Otherwise, it is almost perfect!