2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
I loved it...at first
By loreeb18 on 01/28/06 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 92 Metro that I loved. When it broke, I got a new 2005 Aveo. I thought it was cute and fun to drive. I didn't have a lot of problems at first. But in the past couple months, I had to get my lock bezzle replaced, my fan blower motor was replaced once and is back in again for the same problem, and there's a crack in my brake system (which is why I've had to refill the brake fluid 3 times in 14 months). My car has been at the dealership for 2 weeks now and I'm still waiting to get it back.

Good car
By Ed on 01/24/06 15:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only problems are door grip rattle, defroster noise, terrible tires Great on gas, fun to drive, more roomy than you would think, very comfortable for a small car, large trunk

A nice package indeed
By cyrral on 01/18/06 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to get a Key Lime green version, which they don't normally offer. It sure is an attention getter. I've been averaging 33-35mpg. Has a nice ride on the freeway, and no problem doing 80 when you need it. Great interior with plenty of leg room. CD plays mp3s, so you can have a great selection of songs on a few CDs.

Love my Aveo
By efrantz on 01/16/06 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car at the end of summer 2005. When I first saw it I thought it was very small on the outside. But once you get into the Aveo and drive it, you're suprised how much room there is. When i first drove it I was suprised with the spunk of the engine. The little thing is so fun to drive. I bought the LS sedan. I really think there should be more standard options in this Aveo. Like a better sound system, better speaker placement. I also think there needs to be more noise dampening. Road noise in this thing stinks. I will always be a Chevy fan first, but if they want to compete with Toyota and Honda I think there should be more options.

Unfortunate Lemon
By One Good Granny on 01/13/06 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car 3 months and front end pulls upon driving and increases pull during braking. Mechanics adjusted sub frame, replaced one wheel (manufactures defect), alignment performed. It still pulls; yet now in the opposite direction! Too unsteady for a brand new vehicle. I paid $16,400 for this vehicle. Was told sub frame misalignment normal as shipped from Korea and rough seas can pull on frame tie downs.

Satisfied customer
By Mike on 01/05/06 22:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant and easy driving characterize the Aveo. Handling is agile and predicable with quick braking. Turning circles are short. The car is solid, well-built and heavy for its size. It's very economical on gas. It glues to the road well with proper tires. (Factory Kuhmos were replaced immediately after purchase.) The short nose, tall driving position, and superior forward view magnify the car's agility assets, making it easy to drive. The 1.6 L4 provides plenty of pep (4-sp auto). This car rides well, and handles well in snow. The cabin is spacious. I am 5'8", and my girl is 5'10" with very long legs. Limits: seats four only, trunk lid arms dip into trunk, lower than normal ground clearance.

A Great Little Car!!
By Andy on 01/04/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be one of the best bargains available today. All of the negative comments I read in reviews I have not found to be true on my car. This car is the best riding, most comfortable, quietest small car I have ever driven. It handles great both on rural roads and super highways. I have read about problems with standard tranny but mine shifts great in every gear all the time. Passenger room is great, even in rear seat. Cargo room is great with rear seat folded. Engine is great. Very smooth and requires less shifting than any 4 cyl I have ever driven. So far I have averaged 34 MPG! This is not a luxury car or a muscle car or a sports car, but after 5 mos and 7000 mi Im very satisfied

Aveo
By princess on 12/20/05 08:54 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is not one I would recommend I have had so many problems with it. It has been in and out of the shop for 2 months now and that should not be happening with 5500 miles on it I purchased it in April...I do not suggest this car to anyone. They are garbage.

I love my Metro all grown up!!
By John McCommas on 12/17/05 21:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car and I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It reminds me so much of my little blue Metro that I bought in 1994. Those engines in those cars did stink when they got old but they were so much fun to drive. Great on gas too. I have a few beefs though about the Aveo. I don't think the blue was sharp enough. I hated the pastel blue and the other blue just did not pop. So I got the red which does pop. The other thing is I got an automatic and I find it does not shift right a lot of times. It is stuck in a lower gear and you have to pump the gas a little to get the gears to move so the ride is smooth again.

I Love My Aveo
By zensmile on 12/05/05 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive, kinda like a super go-cart for big kids. I really like the way this car drives and it is peppy for being only 1.6L--a great city car and good for short trips (200-350 miles).