Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Best car (for the $) I've ever owned.
By jeramyryan

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and purchased our Aveo Sedan six months ago based soley on the sticker price (less than 10k) and the gas mileage. We were also attracted to the Aveo's European style design. The longer we own it, the more happy we are about our decision. Despite what others have said, this car handles very well, especially compared to our Hyundai and it is much more comfortable. Like Dr. Who's Tardis, the inside seems much bigger than the outside-plenty of room, comfortable and ergonomic, with a HUGE trunk. Those who complain about power and a widely spaced transmission seem to forget they are reviewing an economy car. 6 months and no mechanical problems whatsoever.

Gas mileage. Roomy, ergonomic interior.

Better standard warranty.

Enjoyable, Satisfied
By m

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive car. The Aveo is cheap to own and operate. But, its handling, stopping distance, forgiving road manners, and solid ergnomics truly shine. Stopping distances are short. The driver's cockpit is well laid out. Generous headroom, a commanding view, well laid out controls, well tuned steering with McPherson struts, reasonably comfortable seats and solid extras like the card holder, cupholders and overall design make this a very easy, and pleasant car to drive. Even the layout of the oil pan and filter are designed to be owner-friendly. Do yourself a favor and swap out the factory issued front tires, for better rubber. Performance will improve.

Handling. Ease of driving. Cockpit layout. Seating. Easy oil and filter changes. Quality materials and solid construction. Cheap on gas and insurance. Tight turning circle and responsive emergency handling. Excellent automatic transmission offers adequate acceleration at all speeds.

Improve defogging airflow for the lowest part of window. Trunk lid arms dip deep into trunk. Factory issued tires need upgrading. Cupholder between seats is too shallow.

Love it
By aleksis

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is my first new car. It gets great gas mileage. Much bigger on the inside than it looks. So much to fun to drive.

The color and price

Larger tires

My Aveo
By D. J.

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Of all the vehicles I have owned, this is my favorite. My husband enjoys driving it so much, he plans to buy one for himself. It's a great scoot-around-town car. The gas mileage is terrific.

My favorite feature is the trunk. People are in shock when I show them how large the trunk is. I have room for all of my weekly shopping and the groceries. It's amazing.

I can't think of anything I would change. I love it just the way it is.

Maintenance Nightmare
By Cindy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been in the shop 6 times in under a year from issues with the clock, parking brake not holding car on hills even in park, Blower motor issues, suspension crunch problems in the front end, brake problems , do yourself a favor and stay away from this little time bomb, we traded it in last week with 10,000 mi on her and bought a new Cobalt LS Sedan, this car is so much nicer inside and it gets better mileage than the Aveo did, It has more power and a way better ride and the price was about the same as the Aveo