Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Enjoyable, Satisfied
By m

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive car. The Aveo is cheap to own and operate. But, its handling, stopping distance, forgiving road manners, and solid ergnomics truly shine. Stopping distances are short. The driver's cockpit is well laid out. Generous headroom, a commanding view, well laid out controls, well tuned steering with McPherson struts, reasonably comfortable seats and solid extras like the card holder, cupholders and overall design make this a very easy, and pleasant car to drive. Even the layout of the oil pan and filter are designed to be owner-friendly. Do yourself a favor and swap out the factory issued front tires, for better rubber. Performance will improve.

Favorite Features

Handling. Ease of driving. Cockpit layout. Seating. Easy oil and filter changes. Quality materials and solid construction. Cheap on gas and insurance. Tight turning circle and responsive emergency handling. Excellent automatic transmission offers adequate acceleration at all speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Improve defogging airflow for the lowest part of window. Trunk lid arms dip deep into trunk. Factory issued tires need upgrading. Cupholder between seats is too shallow.

Love it
By aleksis

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is my first new car. It gets great gas mileage. Much bigger on the inside than it looks. So much to fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The color and price

Suggested Improvements

Larger tires

My Aveo
By D. J.

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Of all the vehicles I have owned, this is my favorite. My husband enjoys driving it so much, he plans to buy one for himself. It's a great scoot-around-town car. The gas mileage is terrific.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the trunk. People are in shock when I show them how large the trunk is. I have room for all of my weekly shopping and the groceries. It's amazing.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything I would change. I love it just the way it is.

Maintenance Nightmare
By Cindy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been in the shop 6 times in under a year from issues with the clock, parking brake not holding car on hills even in park, Blower motor issues, suspension crunch problems in the front end, brake problems , do yourself a favor and stay away from this little time bomb, we traded it in last week with 10,000 mi on her and bought a new Cobalt LS Sedan, this car is so much nicer inside and it gets better mileage than the Aveo did, It has more power and a way better ride and the price was about the same as the Aveo

Little Orange Slice
By Greg

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as a second car to commute to work in. I really like it the gas milage is pretty good. The little car rides great and is very comfortable. I have a PT Crusier and the Aveo is very similer in the sitting position. I love the bright spicy orange color, it stands out.

Favorite Features

Choice of colors, the trunk is great, build quilty is up there compared to some other cars in same price range. Also lots of car for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Standard CD player.