2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Love it
By aleksis on 05/16/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is my first new car. It gets great gas mileage. Much bigger on the inside than it looks. So much to fun to drive.

My Aveo
By D. J. on 05/16/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Of all the vehicles I have owned, this is my favorite. My husband enjoys driving it so much, he plans to buy one for himself. It's a great scoot-around-town car. The gas mileage is terrific.

Aveos Rock
By Aveo-Luvr on 04/28/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is much more spacious than it initially looks. Even though it is the most inexpensive model, it rides very smoothly and you don't hear every crack in the road. It is the first new auto I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone commuting or even as a first car. They are inexpensive, the insurance is inexpensive, and they get great gas mileage. They have a lot of get-up-and-go for such a small engine. I love my AVEO!!!

Awesome for the price
By M Henry on 04/26/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this little car. I've got rabbits, and if I go on trips with them the carriers fit well in the back seat without giving up too much front legroom. My wife is a bit heavy, and I can feel the handling difference when she's in the car, but it's not bad at all. Me and a buddy of mine run time trials through a little curvy section of road and it feels pretty tight at 45 and you never feel like you're going to roll. I could complain about the mileage, but I figure it's less to fill up than my co-workers that drive big trucks everyday so it's not bad. I drive a little rough on it but still get a decent 27-28 mpg.

Maintenance Nightmare
By Cindy on 04/22/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been in the shop 6 times in under a year from issues with the clock, parking brake not holding car on hills even in park, Blower motor issues, suspension crunch problems in the front end, brake problems , do yourself a favor and stay away from this little time bomb, we traded it in last week with 10,000 mi on her and bought a new Cobalt LS Sedan, this car is so much nicer inside and it gets better mileage than the Aveo did, It has more power and a way better ride and the price was about the same as the Aveo

Little Orange Slice
By Greg on 04/18/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as a second car to commute to work in. I really like it the gas milage is pretty good. The little car rides great and is very comfortable. I have a PT Crusier and the Aveo is very similer in the sitting position. I love the bright spicy orange color, it stands out.

A good car
By bocar on 04/14/06 11:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I get 31.6 mpg , combined city & highway driving.it's an excellent little car , if you don't mind shifting a lot.I can park in almost parking spot you can imagine, my other car is a 3/4 T pickup.

Great little car
By Tara on 04/06/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September of 2005 and I now have almost 19,000 miles on it. I really love to drive this car and it's great for both in-town and long distance driving. Great gas mileage. The only problem I have had is defroster noise...and only when it's really cold. There's a lot of room in the car despite its small size.

Great Inexpensive Daily Driver
By EllwynX on 03/14/06 07:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car almost a year/6200 miles it's been a very reliable vehicle. Plenty of room for tall drivers despite its small stature. Performs well for a car its price. Plenty of features (power windows/locks/mirror/sunroof, keyless entry, CDw/mp3 capability) for an entry level car. If you're in the market for one now, I say wait for the 2007's to come out. Their look is MUCH improved over the '04-'06 and they are getting a few more features not available on the '04-'06's. The Aveo was the #1 selling car in it's class for '05 and that should continue with the improved '07 model being released this year. My Performance/Fun ratings are low due to my having an '02 Camaro previously.

Great Car, Greater Value
By Jim on 03/05/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, gas mileage is great and it looks sharp. Many compact cars may get higher ratings, and may score higher when compared but considering that the car only cost me $10,600 with the MP3 stereo as compared to many compacts costing twice that price its an awesome little car. I dont feel that you can acurately compare a $20,000 car to a $10,000 car so as for Consumer Reports they should compare apples to apples. I can say this I have 8800 miles on mine, it has had no repairs, gets great mileage and I would buy it over again given the need or chance.