2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
"Special Value"
By Eric on 09/22/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I use my cute little Aveo primarily to commute to work. After all of the various discounts, I paid $8,300 for the special value model. I enjoy knowing that I made a smart decision. I get about 28mpg in the city and 33 on the highway. This little car has a lot of useful room. The rear seat has a special way of folding down to make the back cargo area completely flat and 100% usable. The only thing I really miss is air conditioning. If you want it, you're going to end up paying a lot more. I also wish it had a CD player standard.

My Aveo called Zippy
By Adorah on 09/05/05 23:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have show dogs and just love this zippy little car. We just put 2 fold down crates and 2 soft crates and 4 days of suplys to show the 2 dogs for 4 days after we drove 8 hours one way. We saved so much in gas that we got to step out for a real nice dinner. We will be useing this new car for a wile to head to dog shows. Oh, and the dogs we show are Afghan Hounds they are about 50 lbs. each and about 26 inches tall. The back seats come out to make lots of room.

Love My Aveo
By Butler Hendrix on 08/23/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just a lovely car to drive. Fuel economy is excellent. Ours is getting 32 mpg city & 37 mpg highway with automatic transmission

My lemon
By Mickey Mathews on 08/20/05 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car only a few months ago and it has been in the shop at least 10 times it sometimes will only go 25 miles an hour. It runs rough and the list goes on.

I llove this little blue car!
By Nancy on 08/01/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am delighted with my car! I did not have a lot of cash, but this car is so worth every penny! The gas mileage isn't what I had hoped for, but we have had a hot summer and I run the AC all the time, and still make it up the hills going 70+ mph! Great torque in 1st and 2nd, a little more dog in 3,4,and 5th gears. I get quite a few compliments on this car. People like the way it looks. I can almost cut traffic like a motorcycle in it. Just kidding, officer.

Excellent, Fun, Blue Flame Special
By Aveo Fan on 07/29/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We originally got this car for our daughter when hers needed to be replaced. My wife insisted on one with pinstripes and blue flames on the doors. We drove the car for that weekend and decided to keep it for ourselves with our daughter getting my current car. The car has terrific interior space. It rides as well as cars more than twice the price. As for fun, I've had several Corvettes, and except for sheer acceleration, this car is as big of a blast to drive. Folks seem to like the quirky styling. It was rear ended (about 5 mph) by some fool a couple months ago and the car took the impact very well with only minor damage to the bumper and one fender. It's had no warranty issues at all.

Great Little Car!
By JOHN RAMP on 07/11/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Remember what you're buying this car for. She's a great little economy car- nothing fancy, but she still gets a lot of "thumbs up" on the highway from teenagers and old folks. The 1600 4- cyl scoots pretty well considering I have an automatic. I travel a lot of highway miles and keep it around 70mph constantly. Consistently get around 34 mpg. Not even close to my old Festiva's 44 mpg, but this is a much better built car. It has tons of storage when the rear seat is folded down. Best $11,000 car you can buy.

Best buy for the price.
By Acid Burn on 07/09/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not going to lie and say this car is perfect, it's not. For the money that you will be paying you do get a well built, logically laid out veh that will perform resonably well. Don't expect to be passing Corvettes in this thing, or Chevettes for that matter, but if you opt for a manual transmission you can compensate by downshifting which does sacrifice some of the gas mileage but makes passing less of a joke. In the hatchback model you do have a surprising amount of storage when the rear seats are folded down, but with the seats in the upright position, don't plan on fitting anything more that a few grocery bags back there before it's full. A++ for first time buyers or for a cheap fix.

Wonderful little car !! I just love it !
By Thiago on 07/08/05 00:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing! I love to drive it, all of my friends changed their thoughts about this car after riding in it. I'm not so exited about the gas mileage, but I think it's ok, it still breaking-in... A little over 3000 miles so far. 4 months of use.It's a 5 speed manual, with AC, rear defrost and wiper. Nothing else. Why? The more "things you have in a car, the more you'll spend to fix it if something brakes down. Nice and simple. I live in Olathe-KS, I realy need a decent AC, and this one is nice and cool even if it's over 90F outside. Fellas, you can't go wrong with this car! If you are buying a new one try this out. You'll love it!

I love this car
By BrianOHu2005 on 07/01/05 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car a little over a year ago. This has been the best car I've ever had. It gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, fairly comfortable, and it has an amazing amount of room inside for being no bigger then it is. So far, it has also been the most reliable car I've ever had. Althought I would never shop at this dealer again, I would buy this car again.