2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Great Car For The Money
By Jim on 05/14/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Many people make the mistake of comparing this car to a Camry, Accord or some much more expensive car. However for between 10K and 13K this is a great car. Mine gets great mileage, looks good and is easy on the wallet. I think it's the greatest bargain in the US. It's a great car at a great price.

Long term information
By KW on 04/19/08 23:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 56,000 miles on my 5 spd hatchback. Love it. Absolutely no problems, never been in the shop. Ride is very smooth and controlled. Turns on a dime (18 ft turning circle). Lifetime average MPG is at 34.7, top was 44, lowest was 27, but only been below 30 MPG four times. Last 6 months overall average is 38.9 MPG. I can't believe the value I got with this purchase. Engine just purrs. Ride is quiet at 60-65 cruise speed (but I've been keeping it at 55 lately for better MPG). Acceleration is adequate for all my needs. Would by another without question. Fit and finish is supurb. Seat is comfortable for long drives. Plenty of room for backseat passengers.

Great Little Car
By Steve on 01/28/08 00:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This little Chevy Aveo of mine Has been one of the trustworthy running cars I have ever owned . I now have over 40,000 miles plus on it , And it's never been in the shop for repairs . It's been to the Mid-west from the west coast and back over the Mountains and this little car ran great even at speeds at 85-mph And this car gave me no pains at all. The only time my car has been in the shop was for an il change. This little car has a super great turning rate . One can do a U-Turn in a tighter spot than any other car I have ever known to do . This little car is fun to drive .

Reliable and easy on the gas!
By Denise on 12/30/07 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Best features on this vehichle is the reliability and the gas mileage. These were most important to me as I drive 100 miles RT to work M-F. Storage space very good, both inside the car, and the trunk. A bit noisy on the highway, and really lacks power up hills....but still overall, drives pretty good. I haven't had any major problems, just bad tires, or a car that creates bad tires, don't know. The price reflects the car you are buying, just the basics! Meaning, no power anything, and just AM/FM radio, but then I just bought the car to get me from work and back, and it does that just fine. Price unbeatable.

Anemic
By Mark on 10/03/07 12:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Since my purchase of a 2005 Aveo, I have been greatly disappointed. I had a Geo Metro Hatchback (3 Cyl) that had more get up and go than this car with 15mpg more than what I am now receiving. The tires wore out in 25000 miles of highway driving. The A/C is marginal, and the auto- transmission is absolutely the worst. I also have a Plymouth Voyager, it gets almost the same gas mileage as the 1000lb smaller car with 2 more cyclinders to feed gas. I'm lucky to get 25 mpg in city, a corvette will get the same driven moderately. This is one of the poorest cars GM has put their badge on, period. For the same amount of money, go buy a Honda Accord or Civic.

My Experience with this car, Chevy Aveo
By Chevy Aveo on 09/30/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although the little Chevy Aveo may very well be the cheapest car that one can by brand new, my experience with my Chevy Aveo has been nothing but wonderful . After reading all the Pro's and Con's about the car , I bought one for myself and I love it. This last July 2007 I took a road trip to the state of Minnesota from where I live ( Seattle Washington) qnd that little car ran the best and most trouble free then any other . Performance wise, slightly weak in the mountains but did alright considering the steepness of the hills. In the mountains for gas mileage I got about 32 mph . On the flat lands I got the best of 40 plus miles to the gallon even with the A/C on .

Don't Buy It!
By Autumn on 08/18/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like many people, I need an economical vehicle that will get me from point A to point B. This car is economical, but not very trustworthy. I would not buy it again. As it is, mine has less than 30,000 miles on it and is starting to do things such a new car should not do. It occasionally hesitates upon starting, it makes strange sounds when it is running, the gas light quit working, and it's rattling itself apart (the driver's side armrest rattles when driving). I don't trust the car any more and am looking into getting rid of it before the warranty runs out. Of course, it's not paid off and this car is worth nothing as a trade in. Bum deal! Don't fall for it like I did!

Gas mileage and air conditioning bad
By MJF on 05/07/07 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Truly enjoy this car, but gas mileage stinks. Only 22 mpg. AC barely takes edge off in hot weather. Took it in to dealership and all checks out. Can't complain about anything else at all. Was in front end collision and the passenger compartment had no damage at all!

Beware!
By lesjop on 04/17/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am so disapointed in this little car, not only has been in the shop 3 times, in the last year from a fuel pump to the transmission, but what the heck is this the gear ratio will not allow the trans to shift from 2nd to 3rd if the temp is below 65 degrees!? So the trans revvs up to an unhealthy sound just to go down a 40mph street. I regret buying this car and I am now trying to get rid of it!!! They told me I would get almost 40mpg, ha! the most I have gotten is 34 and that is open freeway cruise set at 60mph. I will never buy anything from Chevy again, I'm going forgien!

Um... its ugly.
By Kasey on 04/11/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Dad bought it for me when my 1985 Toyota pickup blew a head gasket. All of the girls at my school think it's cute, but I still say it's ugly. iI was happy to work on the Toyota till it ran again. I'm a 17 y/o girl and I pretty much hated my car until my Dad bought graphics to put on the side. So now its not as ugly, but I'm still not really fond of it. It works for going too and from school, but not for working with my horses. So it's not really all that great for a farm girl.