Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Not too Shabby
By ahartney

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall pretty dependable. I drive it to and from work everyday, regularly change the oil and haven't had any major issues up until now. Last night, was driving and heard a pop. I looked under the hood and it had sprayed coolant all over, starting from the passenger side near the air filter box. Turns out that a lot of Aveo owners have had the same issue. The factory thermostat housing is made of plastic and is held together with glue. Mine basically separated into two pieces right at the gasket. Options are buy an aluminum one for approx. $100.. ($91.78 plus tax from the dealer) or use plastic weld to glue it back together. By the way...parts are only carried by the dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Replace thermostat housing with aluminum instead of factory plastic

Piece of junk
By Big Mistake

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

you name it it has gone out or broke while driving. I git this for my daughter hoping this would be a good car.,. All I can say is thank god she is alive and hasn't been killed by the crap of a car they chevy put out. There was a reason I don't but chevy's.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Give money invest back would be Nice so a I could get her a safe car to drive.

2006 Chev Aveo LT
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my car and I believe that when bought I drove it slower and allowed the engine to break in for the first 800 miles. Also every 3000 miles I have the oil changed. As of today I have no problems it continues to go 65-70mph down 95 as smooth as ever. I'll trade it in next year for a newer Aveo.

Favorite Features

stick shift, can't see having an automatic in a small car

Suggested Improvements

none, my daughter just purchased a 2009 Aveo and has all the toys. Perfect for college.

great car 4 money
By chevyman

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

Favorite Features

ease to drive

Suggested Improvements

standard arm rest 4 driver, dome light in middle of roof.

Great mileage
By idlework

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage...loved it so much we went back to dealership 4 months later to buy another for daughter in college. EXCELLENT Mileage on highway. City MPG fluctuates. Both cars had service engine light come on at 70,000 miles-both O sensor. Daughter hit herd of deer at 50 mph, car lost but she was unhurt. Small but safe. Hate the tires that come with it from manufacturer--both cars needed replaced within 15,000 miles. Heat and air nice. Got hatchbacks and everything fits when seats folded down! Put a 5 ft Xmas tree in there every year...also bought 6 ft kitchen counter top at Lowes and it fit!

Favorite Features

MILEAGE! Fact that it turns on a dime and gives back change. Easy to park. Available space in hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Don't like cup holder space-need to move your cup to get to heat/air controls. Very LIGHT, doesn't handle AT ALL in wind esp on highway. No armrest comfort. Minimal pick up-if you need to go from 0-60mph quickly-it won't happen.