2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Good economy car
By Gary on 12/06/06 19:57 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Aveo for about 2 years. On the highway it gets excellent MPG (avg. 33-36 w/A/C). Decent MPG in the city. In my opinion, the engine is underpowered and highway acceleration can be scary. The car feels very light, which is very evident when driving over 65mph. Exterior feels cheap and dents very easily. It did, however, get very good crash test ratings. Overall, this is a good inexpensive car. It's unbelievably reliable, even in subzero temps. Do not try driving this thing on snowy roads.

True Sub-compact
By Sirrep on 11/20/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Rover, Chevette, Hornet, Fiat 600, Valnent, Mustang, I have ridden in all of them. This Aveo gives the best, most quiet drive in years. Best bang for the buck, especially if it is on sale at about $9k at the dealer.

Blue rocket on wheels
By great little car on 09/08/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for travel as my job is 3hrs away. I sold my Geo with 248 thousand miles and it had great mileage. This was an inexspensive auto, and that's what I needed. After driving it for 3.5 months, I haven't had any problems with it. I'm very happy with the car all around. It handles very well driving through the mountains.

I love my little car
By My Aveo rocks* on 06/28/06 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did quite a bit of reseach before buying this car. I test drove literally 13 different cars of all competitors. I found this car to be the best of them all. I am a 6' tall guy, and I felt the least cramped in this car of them all! A lot of my freinds ragged on me for buying such a small car, especially since I could afford a lot bigger car, but after I took them for a ride, they were believers! This car is huge on the inside, can fit a ton in the trunk. After driving it for a few months, I do have a couple of complaints, but just minor. 1) Needs a center arm rest 2) Can be a beast to handle in high winds. Overall this is a great car, and I've driven a few, I reccomend!

Best car (for the $) I've ever owned.
By jeramyryan on 06/07/06 06:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and purchased our Aveo Sedan six months ago based soley on the sticker price (less than 10k) and the gas mileage. We were also attracted to the Aveo's European style design. The longer we own it, the more happy we are about our decision. Despite what others have said, this car handles very well, especially compared to our Hyundai and it is much more comfortable. Like Dr. Who's Tardis, the inside seems much bigger than the outside-plenty of room, comfortable and ergonomic, with a HUGE trunk. Those who complain about power and a widely spaced transmission seem to forget they are reviewing an economy car. 6 months and no mechanical problems whatsoever.

Enjoyable, Satisfied
By m on 06/03/06 18:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive car. The Aveo is cheap to own and operate. But, its handling, stopping distance, forgiving road manners, and solid ergnomics truly shine. Stopping distances are short. The driver's cockpit is well laid out. Generous headroom, a commanding view, well laid out controls, well tuned steering with McPherson struts, reasonably comfortable seats and solid extras like the card holder, cupholders and overall design make this a very easy, and pleasant car to drive. Even the layout of the oil pan and filter are designed to be owner-friendly. Do yourself a favor and swap out the factory issued front tires, for better rubber. Performance will improve.

Love it
By aleksis on 05/16/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is my first new car. It gets great gas mileage. Much bigger on the inside than it looks. So much to fun to drive.

My Aveo
By D. J. on 05/16/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Of all the vehicles I have owned, this is my favorite. My husband enjoys driving it so much, he plans to buy one for himself. It's a great scoot-around-town car. The gas mileage is terrific.

Maintenance Nightmare
By Cindy on 04/22/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been in the shop 6 times in under a year from issues with the clock, parking brake not holding car on hills even in park, Blower motor issues, suspension crunch problems in the front end, brake problems , do yourself a favor and stay away from this little time bomb, we traded it in last week with 10,000 mi on her and bought a new Cobalt LS Sedan, this car is so much nicer inside and it gets better mileage than the Aveo did, It has more power and a way better ride and the price was about the same as the Aveo

Little Orange Slice
By Greg on 04/18/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as a second car to commute to work in. I really like it the gas milage is pretty good. The little car rides great and is very comfortable. I have a PT Crusier and the Aveo is very similer in the sitting position. I love the bright spicy orange color, it stands out.