2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
05 Aveo
By Cindy on 05/20/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 05 Chevy Aveo for almost 5 yrs now. Haven't had a single problem with it. Well, except for the pain. My car is yellow. In fact it is 5 different shades of yellow. Obviously a bad batch of paint? Trying to get them to fix the problem, but so far no luck. Also the clear coat is peeling. I'm told this is because of the bad paint, makes sense. I use good car wash to wash it and have always kept it clean. The say the whole car will have to be repainted, of course at my expense.

Rust bucket
By sandy smith on 03/30/10 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My neighbor and I both bought aveo hatchback not long after buying it the back was replaced 2 times rusting inside to out. Now all the doors are rusting on inside under the rubber on top of doors. They said they got parts from Korea and they rust during shipment. So much for new cars rust bucket. I only have 23,500 miles on mine but now have to get rid of it before I'm only left with engine. Roof rusting as well hers and mine. I had mine rust proofed as soon as I bought it

Sturdy Small Car
By Elaine on 03/04/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently rear ended in my Aveo and sent forward about 4 feet from a dead stop. although My Aveo has to have the bumper replaced the larger car that hit me is written off.. hood was crumpled. You can see the imprint of his logo in my bumper. I suffered no real injuries just a little stiffness from a whiplash type injury.. I had loved the Aveo before for it's handling, fuel economy and pick up on the highway but now.. am totally impressed by how well it is constructed.

Rockin The AvEO and LOVIN IT!
By Rockin the AVEO on 02/19/10 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to be just a driver until I found the car I wanted. I recently came out of a very very nice Mercedes (many nice luxury cars in a row) and am VERY picky. I am surprised and thrilled with my gas mileage. I love my funky color (one of the reasons it caught my eye) and so much space...all of my cars had been two seaters until now. I needed another car with more space for various reasons...and this little car gives it to me!...and CHEAP!!! I have only had it a short while but I do very long commutes and plan on keeping this even if I get another luxury car. I like that it is such a "green" vehicle... and by buying used I am recycling!!! I LOVE IT and my friends think it is adorable!!!

3 deer later...
By Mean Salmon on 01/15/10 16:44 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 4th car, and I had a SUV before hand. I wanted something better on gas and found my Aveo. Its been a great car, although my friends give me a hard time about it, I can always remind them that I pay a fraction in gas and car payments that they do. I've had it almost 3 years and have hit 3 deer (ahh life in the country). Glad to report most damage ever done was a dented hood and a cracked head light. By far the best car I have ever owned, its good on mileage and handles great.

Not too Shabby
By ahartney on 11/27/09 07:17 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall pretty dependable. I drive it to and from work everyday, regularly change the oil and haven't had any major issues up until now. Last night, was driving and heard a pop. I looked under the hood and it had sprayed coolant all over, starting from the passenger side near the air filter box. Turns out that a lot of Aveo owners have had the same issue. The factory thermostat housing is made of plastic and is held together with glue. Mine basically separated into two pieces right at the gasket. Options are buy an aluminum one for approx. $100.. ($91.78 plus tax from the dealer) or use plastic weld to glue it back together. By the way...parts are only carried by the dealer.

Piece of junk
By Big Mistake on 11/10/09 07:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

you name it it has gone out or broke while driving. I git this for my daughter hoping this would be a good car.,. All I can say is thank god she is alive and hasn't been killed by the crap of a car they chevy put out. There was a reason I don't but chevy's.

2006 Chev Aveo LT
By Mike on 10/25/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my car and I believe that when bought I drove it slower and allowed the engine to break in for the first 800 miles. Also every 3000 miles I have the oil changed. As of today I have no problems it continues to go 65-70mph down 95 as smooth as ever. I'll trade it in next year for a newer Aveo.

great car 4 money
By chevyman on 09/14/09 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

Great mileage
By idlework on 08/27/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage...loved it so much we went back to dealership 4 months later to buy another for daughter in college. EXCELLENT Mileage on highway. City MPG fluctuates. Both cars had service engine light come on at 70,000 miles-both O sensor. Daughter hit herd of deer at 50 mph, car lost but she was unhurt. Small but safe. Hate the tires that come with it from manufacturer--both cars needed replaced within 15,000 miles. Heat and air nice. Got hatchbacks and everything fits when seats folded down! Put a 5 ft Xmas tree in there every year...also bought 6 ft kitchen counter top at Lowes and it fit!