Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

I Love My Aveo
By zensmile

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive, kinda like a super go-cart for big kids. I really like the way this car drives and it is peppy for being only 1.6L--a great city car and good for short trips (200-350 miles).

Favorite Features

The size of the car is amazing. Very easy to parallel park and zips in and out of city traffic. It is roomier inside that it appears. The design of the interior is exceptional and modern.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I can think of is the glove box. It would be nicer if the compartment were a tad larger. Otherwise, it is almost perfect!

I love my Aveo
By Ilona

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought an 05 Chevy Aveo LT (the hatchback version) for me as my first car. I'm an 18 year old college student and this car is perfect for me. It gets me to school, to see my friends, and do whatever else I need. I've driven in it for over 4 hours with my dad on vacation, and am going to take it to Lake Tahoe (a 6-7 hr drive from LA) in a few weeks for winter break. It's an overall reliable vehicle, roomy enough to fit 5 people (4 without a problem), and to top it off is super cute. I get compliments on it all the time, and all my friends + family love to drive in it with me. I love this car!

Favorite Features

I love that it comes standard with a CD/mp3 player. I can't really choose a favorite feature, but that one sure is fun.

Suggested Improvements

The Aveo doesn't come with an armrest in between the two frontseats like you would usually expect in a sedan, so that would be a nice addition.

A decent if not ordinary vehicle
By Josh Lymon

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting about 2000 mi on this model, I am generally very pleased with it. The high speed handling is competent, and it feels good behind the wheel. on a recent 600 mi trip on the interstate, I got 34 mpg. Around town I am getting 26-28. It has all the room I need, takes washboard and bumpy roads with grace, and has an overall decent feel. I come from a Toyota/Honda history, so I was very pleasantly surprised the Aveo was so nice. I don't like the fact I can't see the end of the hood or even behind. I'm a lousy parallel parker, and these factors don't help. I'm disappointed the rear has a blind spot. I would recommend this model to anybody interested in economy without investing a lot

Favorite Features

The looks of this car at first are kind of quirky. But I have gotten quite happy with the appearence.

Suggested Improvements

Lights/Windshield wiper control seem to be the exact opposite of all my other cars. Wish it had a center armrest or console.

My 2005 Aveo
By Jason

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great! I drove an '03 Impala, which I miss, but the gas mileage is worth the down-grade. Since I bought my Aveo during the GM employee pricing, I got the LT version with all the toys for around $12,600, including a sun roof. I've been approached by several co-workers, and friends asking me about it. It's a fun car!

Favorite Features

I thought the 'ticket holder' was crazy at first, but it really does come in handy always being on the turnpike. It's also great to have heated mirrors on a car in this class.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes the key is hard to get in. It would be nice to have a dash-mounted ignition. Also, the radio/CD/MP3 is nice, but it lacks in power,would be nicer to have the full-sized GM Delco stereo in it. Cruise, automatic lights, remote-start, and being able to lock/unlock the driver's door only would

Aveo? WHY NOT!!
By H's Ride

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my mom. She had a Neon before this car. This car was $1,000's cheaper and is a lot nicer. Good car for teenagers or the elderly. This car has a smooth and quiet ride.

Favorite Features

Power Locks, Windows, Keyless entry. Cool Red color.

Suggested Improvements

Needs bodyside moldings