2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Off to work
By oribhabor on 01/01/05 10:23 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I find the Aveo a very fun car to drive. Its interior is extremely large for the size of car it is. It’s not nearly a boxy as the Mini Cooper. My friends tell me that I have a new toy. I agree. I have named it Mighty Mouse. It gets pretty good mileage; maybe 28 mpg. If you need a car to commute with, it’s the one.

It's not a muscle car
By Keith on 12/30/04 01:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It took me a while for me to remember the last time you could buy a brand new car for less than 7k. I'm impressed with the economics of the deal. It's a fun a little car to drive. I hope the information on the fuel economy is accurate.

New car
By saintsbbal on 12/21/04 01:51 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Aveo is a nice vehicle for my purposes. I get great gas mileage. It handles well on the highway. It doesnt blow the doors off of anyone, but it's got a little zip once it gets going. My only complaint is the steering pulls to the left a little.

My Car
By cindy on 12/20/04 23:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Aveo is 2 months old and so far I love it. It is great on gas and runs well in the snow. I recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a compact car with a lot of room.

A move up from a METRO
By pms on 12/19/04 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Being a person who hates big, pretentious vehicles, I appreciate this car very much. I think America could use an attitude change to "bigger Women, and smaller trucks". One does not feel MACHO in this type of car. It is only for the intelligent, secure buyer. The relative luxury, when compared to a METRO is wonderful. Some zip in the engine, power locks/ windows...I am spoiled!!

The Aveo
By Kari on 12/19/04 08:30 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in Aug. I have had no problems what so ever. There was one recall but it was taken care of very quickly. For the amount that the car cost it is worth it.

Not a Putt Putt! Awesome Little Car!
By Nancy on 12/16/04 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful little car that GM/Chevy has come out with. We have the LT hatchback, with automatic transmission. It drives smooth and is quite peppy - you floor it and it takes off! I have driven 4 cylinders before that just won't MOVE when you put the pedal to the metal. Not this baby, she's not a putt-putt, she's world class for a subcompact! It's comfy and roomy - my 6'4" nephew fits beautifully in it! We traded a gas guzzling Ford F150 for it and have not regretted it! It SIPS gas, it will cost us ONE THIRD of what the Ford cost us weekly in gas! For the money this is one great little car! If you want a subcompact that's cheap in price but high in quality, buy an Aveo!

Not bad for money!
By i_l_ aveo on 12/14/04 16:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Aveo is made in Korea, a car popular overseas as Daewoo. KALOS design in Italy. I got only 24 mpg in street with auto transmission. Accelerator pedal become shaky at 65 mph. It's hard for the 1.6L engine to go up a hill; I could not reach 45 mph on Verazzano Bridge NYC. Car has slow acceleration. Weak engine made by GM and not as fuel economical as I sought

not bad for money
By abou_omar on 12/02/04 13:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought only for my self to go to work 15 miles away, I love its design interior & exterior, nice head space, very comfortable. But it got slow acceleration and noisy in the begining but you can go 70 mph on the highway. I got it on smart buy program with low monthly pymnt

Got to love it
By animal70X7 on 11/30/04 21:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Aveo for 8 months now and I am thrilled with it. I have been averaging 35 MPG in city driving and about 42 on the highway. My car has been an absolute thrill to drive around the hills of West Virginia. I cannot think of anything that I would change about this car.