Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Unfortunate Lemon
By One Good Granny

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car 3 months and front end pulls upon driving and increases pull during braking. Mechanics adjusted sub frame, replaced one wheel (manufactures defect), alignment performed. It still pulls; yet now in the opposite direction! Too unsteady for a brand new vehicle. I paid $16,400 for this vehicle. Was told sub frame misalignment normal as shipped from Korea and rough seas can pull on frame tie downs.

Favorite Features

Small easy to move around in big city.

Suggested Improvements

Chassis stability. Make it in America. Stand behind product. Dealership training in customer relations and customer satisfasction.

Satisfied customer
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant and easy driving characterize the Aveo. Handling is agile and predicable with quick braking. Turning circles are short. The car is solid, well-built and heavy for its size. It's very economical on gas. It glues to the road well with proper tires. (Factory Kuhmos were replaced immediately after purchase.) The short nose, tall driving position, and superior forward view magnify the car's agility assets, making it easy to drive. The 1.6 L4 provides plenty of pep (4-sp auto). This car rides well, and handles well in snow. The cabin is spacious. I am 5'8", and my girl is 5'10" with very long legs. Limits: seats four only, trunk lid arms dip into trunk, lower than normal ground clearance.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive. Handy. Rides well. Safe. Extremely well laid out interior. Eyeglass and parking pass holders are nice touches. Extremely cheap to own and operate. Quiet interior. Quality construction. Even my mechanic was impressed. Chevy translates to cheap reliable maintenance ten years from now.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce intrusion of trunk lid arms into trunk space. Allow mounting of wider and larger tires. Sell moonroof package with basic automatic transmission version.

A Great Little Car!!
By Andy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be one of the best bargains available today. All of the negative comments I read in reviews I have not found to be true on my car. This car is the best riding, most comfortable, quietest small car I have ever driven. It handles great both on rural roads and super highways. I have read about problems with standard tranny but mine shifts great in every gear all the time. Passenger room is great, even in rear seat. Cargo room is great with rear seat folded. Engine is great. Very smooth and requires less shifting than any 4 cyl I have ever driven. So far I have averaged 34 MPG! This is not a luxury car or a muscle car or a sports car, but after 5 mos and 7000 mi Im very satisfied

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, reliability. For $8900 off the lot, tax and title incuded it is definitely a great value. Even base am/fm stereo sounds great!

Suggested Improvements

Considering the price, none.

Aveo
By princess

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is not one I would recommend I have had so many problems with it. It has been in and out of the shop for 2 months now and that should not be happening with 5500 miles on it I purchased it in April...I do not suggest this car to anyone. They are garbage.

Suggested Improvements

To find out the problems with these cars and fix them because there are plenty.

I love my Metro all grown up!!
By John McCommas

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car and I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It reminds me so much of my little blue Metro that I bought in 1994. Those engines in those cars did stink when they got old but they were so much fun to drive. Great on gas too. I have a few beefs though about the Aveo. I don't think the blue was sharp enough. I hated the pastel blue and the other blue just did not pop. So I got the red which does pop. The other thing is I got an automatic and I find it does not shift right a lot of times. It is stuck in a lower gear and you have to pump the gas a little to get the gears to move so the ride is smooth again.

Favorite Features

I love these back to the future windows that roll with a crank! That is the best ever feature!! You donít need keys to roll the windows up or down. Cool!

Suggested Improvements

Remove obstructing headrests in back seat, a better cup holder, maybe put the emergency break under the dash so space could be used in-between seats for beverages, cd storage etc. side airbags, car matt for drivers side, multiple cd radio, locks for rear doors.