2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Excellent Value for the money
By Sam on 04/17/05 17:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At 1 1/2 months old with 2,100 miles on my Aveo, I've found I really enjoy driving this tight well built little compact with the big car room inside. Acceleration, handling, braking, ride quality, economy of operation, quietness while underway, and even the quality of the radio are first rate. My only niggling complaint is that the cover for the passenger air bag rattles, & I'm sure this will be an easy fix for the dealer when I go in for the first oil-filter change.

My Kalos!
By limee on 04/08/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Got a great deal on this little car which is one I had been researching for a while now. It was the Aveo or the Scion Xa. The Aveo won out on price. Have owned a number of GMs in the past with lousy build quality and reliability. This is a Daewoo and appears to be well put together with tight seems and no sqeaks/ rattles, etc. It is a blast to drive, especially in the city where it excels. It's amazingly quiet at speed after it has been wound up, and cruises comfortably at 80 with minimal fuss. Not that impressed with the fuel economy at 27 MPG (I get that from my V6 Honda Accord and feel the push in the back of the seat!) It makes me feel like I'm living in London again. The size is ideal.

One year with the Aveo
By aveodriver on 04/02/05 07:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an automatic LS in Feb 2004. After one year I still like it just as much as when I bought it. It really is much bigger on the inside than it has a right to be. Seats 4 adults comfortably, even for long trips. The dashboard "trays" are really useful. I get 27 MPG mixed / 35 MPG highway. NO mechanical problems first year, one recall for rear seat belt guide.

Great Commuter Auto
By slogger on 03/26/05 12:52 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Aveo for several months. My city gasoline consumption is 29.3mpg. No mechanical problems so far. I paid a bit over $11K. The radio/CD is OK, but not great. Handling is quick at less than 45mph but a touch vague at freeway speeds. I purchased this auto because it was inexpensive. I also looked at the VW Golf Diesel and Honda Civic Hybrid. The Aveo provides many of the same features for $10K less...and that, in my mind, makes up for the lower fuel economy.

More than I asked for
By Happycust on 03/10/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The LT with the manual transmission is a great car-period. Roomier than the VW Golf and the manual shifter is incredibly positive in its feel and throw. Build quality and finish are excellent. Controls are logical and well placed. The interior is spacious and comfortable, even the back seat will comfortably seat 2 six foot adults. The engine is smooth and quiet, with a wide power/torque band. Acceleration is very good. The car is fun to drive and very forgiving in its handling. Overall after the first month I have to admit that I'm atonished at the value this car provides. The only drawback is that in 50MPH plus crosswinds the car can be tricky because of it's small size/weight.

Busy Mom/Teacher vehicle
By Lisa Winstanley on 03/07/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, great on gas and for a busy teacher on the go it is great. It has ample room for 3 teenagers to travel. I love the CD player and keyless entry features. I am averaging around 29 to 32 miles per gallon go to a from work.

Aveo
By JV on 03/05/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. All of my friends laugh when they see me in my little yellow car but then when they see my gas bills I get the last laugh. Also, I can fit so much stuff in that car. My sister's four kids all fit and two of them are in car seats. People just don't believe it until they see it. And I have fit TWO 6'3" men in the back seat of my car with a third passenger in the back seat and they weren't sitting with their knees up to their chins either. I just love my car, it is quiet and smooth and it is really cool. It is just great.

I love this car
By Andrea on 03/04/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's perfect for city driving. The interior is so roomy and designed to look sporty. The exterior has a futuristic sort of look to it. I've had one problem with it. Whenever I accelerate from a complete stop, it makes a popping noise. Still a fabulous car!

Best Little Car
By Deb on 03/01/05 10:50 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best little car. I had a Geo Metro, and this somewhat reminds me of it in terms of its size and looks, but this is a much better quality. The inside reminds me of a minivan, and is very roomy for its size. I have received many compliments on the car and the color (teal/aqua) from total strangers, including the McDonald's drive thru window lady! A great little car for commuting to the city or for interstate travel (I do both every week). The suspension is perfect; it turns on a dime and gives you change back. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Aveo Rocks
By goody on 02/28/05 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is an amazing little beast. It may not have a lot of power, but come on, it's a 4 cylinder. It has plenty for its size. Lots of room for bigger people. Especially leg and head room. I never feel cramped when riding in it.