Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Maintenance Nightmare
By Cindy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been in the shop 6 times in under a year from issues with the clock, parking brake not holding car on hills even in park, Blower motor issues, suspension crunch problems in the front end, brake problems , do yourself a favor and stay away from this little time bomb, we traded it in last week with 10,000 mi on her and bought a new Cobalt LS Sedan, this car is so much nicer inside and it gets better mileage than the Aveo did, It has more power and a way better ride and the price was about the same as the Aveo

Little Orange Slice
By Greg

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aveo as a second car to commute to work in. I really like it the gas milage is pretty good. The little car rides great and is very comfortable. I have a PT Crusier and the Aveo is very similer in the sitting position. I love the bright spicy orange color, it stands out.

Choice of colors, the trunk is great, build quilty is up there compared to some other cars in same price range. Also lots of car for the money.

Standard CD player.

A good car
By bocar

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I get 31.6 mpg , combined city & highway driving.it's an excellent little car , if you don't mind shifting a lot.I can park in almost parking spot you can imagine, my other car is a 3/4 T pickup.

Fold down rear seat & hatchback door

Many times when I step on the brake, I also step on the gas pedal. This usually is not a problem, because I have the clutch depreesed.

Great little car
By Tara

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September of 2005 and I now have almost 19,000 miles on it. I really love to drive this car and it's great for both in-town and long distance driving. Great gas mileage. The only problem I have had is defroster noise...and only when it's really cold. There's a lot of room in the car despite its small size.

CD player, sunglass holder, covering for trunk in hatchback.

Fix the defroster noise.

Great Inexpensive Daily Driver
By EllwynX

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car almost a year/6200 miles it's been a very reliable vehicle. Plenty of room for tall drivers despite its small stature. Performs well for a car its price. Plenty of features (power windows/locks/mirror/sunroof, keyless entry, CDw/mp3 capability) for an entry level car. If you're in the market for one now, I say wait for the 2007's to come out. Their look is MUCH improved over the '04-'06 and they are getting a few more features not available on the '04-'06's. The Aveo was the #1 selling car in it's class for '05 and that should continue with the improved '07 model being released this year. My Performance/Fun ratings are low due to my having an '02 Camaro previously.

You get plenty of features for the money.

Gas mileage. I only average 23mpg around town. I got that in my '02 V6 Camaro and expected better from the Aveo. Needs another gear, you can just feel the engine wanting to shift at highway speeds. Arm rest and Cruise Control would be nice.