2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
2005, automatic - 65,000 Miles
By jdubsnow on 03/10/11 18:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 2.5 years, I got it because I needed a car and it was a great deal. For city and in town driving, this car is perfect...however - if you drive on the freeways a lot, it is terrible at high speeds/with wind - due to how light the car is in weight. It also is not great in snow...so if you live in the Midwest, or anywhere with a lot of snow in the winters, I would not recommend this little go-kart. It gets stressful in the snow with how light it is - and you cannot get great tires, especially over 14" - so that doesn't help. If you go too fast, you will slide, and if you go too slow, you will get stuck. It is great for nice weathered places though, and in town driving.

Not too Shabby
By ahartney on 11/27/09 07:17 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall pretty dependable. I drive it to and from work everyday, regularly change the oil and haven't had any major issues up until now. Last night, was driving and heard a pop. I looked under the hood and it had sprayed coolant all over, starting from the passenger side near the air filter box. Turns out that a lot of Aveo owners have had the same issue. The factory thermostat housing is made of plastic and is held together with glue. Mine basically separated into two pieces right at the gasket. Options are buy an aluminum one for approx. $100.. ($91.78 plus tax from the dealer) or use plastic weld to glue it back together. By the way...parts are only carried by the dealer.

I love my little car
By My Aveo rocks* on 06/28/06 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did quite a bit of reseach before buying this car. I test drove literally 13 different cars of all competitors. I found this car to be the best of them all. I am a 6' tall guy, and I felt the least cramped in this car of them all! A lot of my freinds ragged on me for buying such a small car, especially since I could afford a lot bigger car, but after I took them for a ride, they were believers! This car is huge on the inside, can fit a ton in the trunk. After driving it for a few months, I do have a couple of complaints, but just minor. 1) Needs a center arm rest 2) Can be a beast to handle in high winds. Overall this is a great car, and I've driven a few, I reccomend!

Great Inexpensive Daily Driver
By EllwynX on 03/14/06 07:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car almost a year/6200 miles it's been a very reliable vehicle. Plenty of room for tall drivers despite its small stature. Performs well for a car its price. Plenty of features (power windows/locks/mirror/sunroof, keyless entry, CDw/mp3 capability) for an entry level car. If you're in the market for one now, I say wait for the 2007's to come out. Their look is MUCH improved over the '04-'06 and they are getting a few more features not available on the '04-'06's. The Aveo was the #1 selling car in it's class for '05 and that should continue with the improved '07 model being released this year. My Performance/Fun ratings are low due to my having an '02 Camaro previously.

Great Car, Greater Value
By Jim on 03/05/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, gas mileage is great and it looks sharp. Many compact cars may get higher ratings, and may score higher when compared but considering that the car only cost me $10,600 with the MP3 stereo as compared to many compacts costing twice that price its an awesome little car. I dont feel that you can acurately compare a $20,000 car to a $10,000 car so as for Consumer Reports they should compare apples to apples. I can say this I have 8800 miles on mine, it has had no repairs, gets great mileage and I would buy it over again given the need or chance.

Unfortunate Lemon
By One Good Granny on 01/13/06 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car 3 months and front end pulls upon driving and increases pull during braking. Mechanics adjusted sub frame, replaced one wheel (manufactures defect), alignment performed. It still pulls; yet now in the opposite direction! Too unsteady for a brand new vehicle. I paid $16,400 for this vehicle. Was told sub frame misalignment normal as shipped from Korea and rough seas can pull on frame tie downs.

A decent if not ordinary vehicle
By Josh Lymon on 11/17/05 17:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting about 2000 mi on this model, I am generally very pleased with it. The high speed handling is competent, and it feels good behind the wheel. on a recent 600 mi trip on the interstate, I got 34 mpg. Around town I am getting 26-28. It has all the room I need, takes washboard and bumpy roads with grace, and has an overall decent feel. I come from a Toyota/Honda history, so I was very pleasantly surprised the Aveo was so nice. I don't like the fact I can't see the end of the hood or even behind. I'm a lousy parallel parker, and these factors don't help. I'm disappointed the rear has a blind spot. I would recommend this model to anybody interested in economy without investing a lot

Aveo? WHY NOT!!
By H's Ride on 11/12/05 02:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my mom. She had a Neon before this car. This car was $1,000's cheaper and is a lot nicer. Good car for teenagers or the elderly. This car has a smooth and quiet ride.

Great Car!
By Melissa on 08/30/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I spent a lot of time researching cars before I bought this one. It is definitely the best one out there for the money. Of course you are not going to have the power of a BMW, but you didn't pay those prices. This is my first car and it is the best choice that I could have made. I love to drive it.

Poor handling on the highway;
By TedK on 06/11/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We found it was hard to pass vehicles on the highway. The tachometer swings wildly and the car gets stuck in low gear, with drivers behind us giving us an annoyed look. The ABS of this car also gives problems when trying to slow down during an exit from the highway. It actually veered offroad into a collision. The car is too small to handle well in windy conditions. Overall, while some may like the head room and driver's seat, my old Toyota Corolla is way ahead of this car in terms of reliability and and highway handling.