2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
True Sub-compact
By Sirrep on 11/20/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Rover, Chevette, Hornet, Fiat 600, Valnent, Mustang, I have ridden in all of them. This Aveo gives the best, most quiet drive in years. Best bang for the buck, especially if it is on sale at about $9k at the dealer.

Blue rocket on wheels
By great little car on 09/08/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for travel as my job is 3hrs away. I sold my Geo with 248 thousand miles and it had great mileage. This was an inexspensive auto, and that's what I needed. After driving it for 3.5 months, I haven't had any problems with it. I'm very happy with the car all around. It handles very well driving through the mountains.

Best car (for the $) I've ever owned.
By jeramyryan on 06/07/06 06:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and purchased our Aveo Sedan six months ago based soley on the sticker price (less than 10k) and the gas mileage. We were also attracted to the Aveo's European style design. The longer we own it, the more happy we are about our decision. Despite what others have said, this car handles very well, especially compared to our Hyundai and it is much more comfortable. Like Dr. Who's Tardis, the inside seems much bigger than the outside-plenty of room, comfortable and ergonomic, with a HUGE trunk. Those who complain about power and a widely spaced transmission seem to forget they are reviewing an economy car. 6 months and no mechanical problems whatsoever.

A good car
By bocar on 04/14/06 11:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I get 31.6 mpg , combined city & highway driving.it's an excellent little car , if you don't mind shifting a lot.I can park in almost parking spot you can imagine, my other car is a 3/4 T pickup.

I love my Aveo!!
By a_reality on 11/09/05 17:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people laughed at me when I announced I was buying an Aveo. However, every single one of them instantly changed their minds the moment they sat down in this little car. It is amazingly roomy and provides a nice comfortable ride. Okay, so it's not a Cadillac, but it's not really meant to be either. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of head room in this little baby. Living in San Francisco where parking is a nightmare I appreciate owning a small good looking car that has the power to get up large hills, and can park just about anywhere. I'd recomend this car to just about anyone who needs basic point A to point B transportation.

Jenn's car
By Jennifer Hurtt on 07/27/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my very first new car and I love it! I checked this car out before making my purchase and every person that I knew that had one said " It's a great little car!" I feel the same way! I was also glad that it had a 5 star crash rating!

Amazingly Fun
By Jules on 05/28/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm overly pleased with this car. Don't be fooled by the small exterior size. It's very roomy on the inside. Easy to handle, very fun to drive. The fuel economy is incredible. I've driven it around town for a month and the gas tank is still half full. Filling it up is usually $10-$15, even at today's high prices. The engine is powerful considering the lightness of the car, but even with heavy loads it has power. It feels like I'm driving a 4-Door sportscar. The only downside I can find is that there is no true air conditioning, but it does blow cold air.

Good car
By chefantwon on 05/11/05 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Aveo for about 3 months now and I think its great. I'm getting about 28MPG city. I sometimes have to haul large packages to UPS/DHL to ship and this car can handle just about anything. You can even put a 27" TV in the box in the front seat with no problem. I am very happy customer.

It's not a muscle car
By Keith on 12/30/04 01:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It took me a while for me to remember the last time you could buy a brand new car for less than 7k. I'm impressed with the economics of the deal. It's a fun a little car to drive. I hope the information on the fuel economy is accurate.

Got to love it
By animal70X7 on 11/30/04 21:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Aveo for 8 months now and I am thrilled with it. I have been averaging 35 MPG in city driving and about 42 on the highway. My car has been an absolute thrill to drive around the hills of West Virginia. I cannot think of anything that I would change about this car.