Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Mom's little trustie!
By tauscuppy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! we always have new trucks, or vans. when gas prices got so high, I went out and bought one of these (after muchresearch on other compacts) Now, this is the family car, it's taken us everywhere, not a single worry, I drive on the feeway ALL the time, and can't believe how smooth it is, I have to chech the sppedometer all the time, cuz I am always speeding, but, it never feels like it. this car was 8 years old when I bought it, has just over 100.000 on it now. I will own this car for a long time <3

Rust bucket
By sandy smith

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My neighbor and I both bought aveo hatchback not long after buying it the back was replaced 2 times rusting inside to out. Now all the doors are rusting on inside under the rubber on top of doors. They said they got parts from Korea and they rust during shipment. So much for new cars rust bucket. I only have 23,500 miles on mine but now have to get rid of it before I'm only left with engine. Roof rusting as well hers and mine. I had mine rust proofed as soon as I bought it

Rockin The AvEO and LOVIN IT!
By Rockin the AVEO

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to be just a driver until I found the car I wanted. I recently came out of a very very nice Mercedes (many nice luxury cars in a row) and am VERY picky. I am surprised and thrilled with my gas mileage. I love my funky color (one of the reasons it caught my eye) and so much space...all of my cars had been two seaters until now. I needed another car with more space for various reasons...and this little car gives it to me!...and CHEAP!!! I have only had it a short while but I do very long commutes and plan on keeping this even if I get another luxury car. I like that it is such a "green" vehicle... and by buying used I am recycling!!! I LOVE IT and my friends think it is adorable!!!

Cupholders! I use the one for the back seat! The extra 12V (did you know the cigarette lighter is supposedly only 8V?) I need to charge two things often, the rear wiper blade!, THE COLOR!!! (Aqua! and I love spicy orange and yellow), GAS mileage!!!!, I use the hold button (I live in the mountains)

I wish mine had cruise control and leatherette, better speakers, auto entry, sunroof, (although i think that is all available now), so without all of that I still think it is a GREAT value for the money! ENJOY your Aveo as much as I enjoy mine!!! ...and help the environment with greener cars!!!

great car 4 money
By chevyman

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

ease to drive

standard arm rest 4 driver, dome light in middle of roof.

Great mileage
By idlework

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage...loved it so much we went back to dealership 4 months later to buy another for daughter in college. EXCELLENT Mileage on highway. City MPG fluctuates. Both cars had service engine light come on at 70,000 miles-both O sensor. Daughter hit herd of deer at 50 mph, car lost but she was unhurt. Small but safe. Hate the tires that come with it from manufacturer--both cars needed replaced within 15,000 miles. Heat and air nice. Got hatchbacks and everything fits when seats folded down! Put a 5 ft Xmas tree in there every year...also bought 6 ft kitchen counter top at Lowes and it fit!

MILEAGE! Fact that it turns on a dime and gives back change. Easy to park. Available space in hatchback.

Don't like cup holder space-need to move your cup to get to heat/air controls. Very LIGHT, doesn't handle AT ALL in wind esp on highway. No armrest comfort. Minimal pick up-if you need to go from 0-60mph quickly-it won't happen.