Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Horrible car
By Beth

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my first car. I loved how cute it was but after spending a couple thousand extra it isn't worth it i got a paint job my choice. but the car kept randomly shutting off it i touched my brake off it went. we finally found the problem after changing my breather tube everything that goes to fuel. and spending 8,000 dollars.
now my brand new head gasket has blown i hate this car this is now another 2500 dollar fix. do not buy an aveo they suck!

Mom's little trustie!
By tauscuppy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! we always have new trucks, or vans.
when gas prices got so high, I went out and bought one of these (after muchresearch on other compacts) Now, this is the family car, it's taken us everywhere, not a single worry, I drive on the feeway ALL the time, and can't believe how smooth it is, I have to chech the sppedometer all the time, cuz I am always speeding, but, it never feels like it.
this car was 8 years old when I bought it, has just over 100.000 on it now.
I will own this car for a long time <3

Rust bucket
By sandy smith

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My neighbor and I both bought aveo hatchback not long after buying it the back was replaced 2 times rusting inside to out. Now all the doors are rusting on inside under the rubber on top of doors. They said they got parts from Korea and they rust during shipment. So much for new cars rust bucket. I only have 23,500 miles on mine but now have to get rid of it before I'm only left with engine. Roof rusting as well hers and mine. I had mine rust proofed as soon as I bought it

Rockin The AvEO and LOVIN IT!
By Rockin the AVEO

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to be just a driver until I found the car I wanted. I recently came out of a very very nice Mercedes (many nice luxury cars in a row) and am VERY picky. I am surprised and thrilled with my gas mileage. I love my funky color (one of the reasons it caught my eye) and so much space...all of my cars had been two seaters until now. I needed another car with more space for various reasons...and this little car gives it to me!...and CHEAP!!! I have only had it a short while but I do very long commutes and plan on keeping this even if I get another luxury car. I like that it is such a "green" vehicle... and by buying used I am recycling!!! I LOVE IT and my friends think it is adorable!!!

Cupholders! I use the one for the back seat! The extra 12V (did you know the cigarette lighter is supposedly only 8V?) I need to charge two things often, the rear wiper blade!, THE COLOR!!! (Aqua! and I love spicy orange and yellow), GAS mileage!!!!, I use the hold button (I live in the mountains)

I wish mine had cruise control and leatherette, better speakers, auto entry, sunroof, (although i think that is all available now), so without all of that I still think it is a GREAT value for the money! ENJOY your Aveo as much as I enjoy mine!!! ...and help the environment with greener cars!!!

great car 4 money
By chevyman

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

ease to drive

standard arm rest 4 driver, dome light in middle of roof.