2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Mom's little trustie!
By tauscuppy on 05/14/13 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! we always have new trucks, or vans. when gas prices got so high, I went out and bought one of these (after muchresearch on other compacts) Now, this is the family car, it's taken us everywhere, not a single worry, I drive on the feeway ALL the time, and can't believe how smooth it is, I have to chech the sppedometer all the time, cuz I am always speeding, but, it never feels like it. this car was 8 years old when I bought it, has just over 100.000 on it now. I will own this car for a long time <3

Rust bucket
By sandy smith on 03/30/10 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My neighbor and I both bought aveo hatchback not long after buying it the back was replaced 2 times rusting inside to out. Now all the doors are rusting on inside under the rubber on top of doors. They said they got parts from Korea and they rust during shipment. So much for new cars rust bucket. I only have 23,500 miles on mine but now have to get rid of it before I'm only left with engine. Roof rusting as well hers and mine. I had mine rust proofed as soon as I bought it

Rockin The AvEO and LOVIN IT!
By Rockin the AVEO on 02/19/10 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to be just a driver until I found the car I wanted. I recently came out of a very very nice Mercedes (many nice luxury cars in a row) and am VERY picky. I am surprised and thrilled with my gas mileage. I love my funky color (one of the reasons it caught my eye) and so much space...all of my cars had been two seaters until now. I needed another car with more space for various reasons...and this little car gives it to me!...and CHEAP!!! I have only had it a short while but I do very long commutes and plan on keeping this even if I get another luxury car. I like that it is such a "green" vehicle... and by buying used I am recycling!!! I LOVE IT and my friends think it is adorable!!!

great car 4 money
By chevyman on 09/14/09 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

Great mileage
By idlework on 08/27/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage...loved it so much we went back to dealership 4 months later to buy another for daughter in college. EXCELLENT Mileage on highway. City MPG fluctuates. Both cars had service engine light come on at 70,000 miles-both O sensor. Daughter hit herd of deer at 50 mph, car lost but she was unhurt. Small but safe. Hate the tires that come with it from manufacturer--both cars needed replaced within 15,000 miles. Heat and air nice. Got hatchbacks and everything fits when seats folded down! Put a 5 ft Xmas tree in there every year...also bought 6 ft kitchen counter top at Lowes and it fit!

Doesn't run-looks cute in driveway
By rocksteady2 on 05/18/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At approx. 70K mi. the alternator and serpentine belt went out. A couple hundred miles later, there was a loud pop and my engine blew. The "L" shaped piece that connects the engine to the radiator actually blew out of the engine. Of course it's not under warranty and I have another year to pay on it!I don't recommend you buy this car!

Best bang for your buck
By Colene Myers on 03/19/09 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008. My Granddaughter had an accident and totaled it... The police office said that the car was well made or the passengers would not have walked away. Along with the excellent mileage that I received that says it all. Now am looking for a replacement.

Great car, poor A/C
By DW on 05/27/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think that this car is great. Good on gas, and just enough room for me and my son. However every summer I am having A/C problems. The A/C never gets cold enough and when it does start to work I can't use the A/C adapter and air conditioner at the same time.So charging my cell during road trips are usually out of the question. Other than that the car is great. The heating system works great and no other complaints.

Gas mileage and air conditioning bad
By MJF on 05/07/07 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Truly enjoy this car, but gas mileage stinks. Only 22 mpg. AC barely takes edge off in hot weather. Took it in to dealership and all checks out. Can't complain about anything else at all. Was in front end collision and the passenger compartment had no damage at all!

Beware!
By lesjop on 04/17/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am so disapointed in this little car, not only has been in the shop 3 times, in the last year from a fuel pump to the transmission, but what the heck is this the gear ratio will not allow the trans to shift from 2nd to 3rd if the temp is below 65 degrees!? So the trans revvs up to an unhealthy sound just to go down a 40mph street. I regret buying this car and I am now trying to get rid of it!!! They told me I would get almost 40mpg, ha! the most I have gotten is 34 and that is open freeway cruise set at 60mph. I will never buy anything from Chevy again, I'm going forgien!

1 2 3 4 5 next »