Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Major Chevy Aveo failure
By chevyvictim

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Chevy Aveo brand new in late '05, loved, babied and maintained that car very well. 3 days ago the timing belt failed at only 55K miles on the freeway, totally shut the car down including power steering and brakes at 65mph, I'm very lucky I was safe. And now I find out that the engine is basically destroyed because of the belt failure, with repair costs of approximately $2500. And to top it all off I find out Chevrolet knew about this particular problem long ago but did nothing to warn owners or recall, totally negligent. Incredibly corrupt company if you ask me, I and many other Aveo owners are very angry, and I feel a class action lawsuit is necessary

Chevrolet is required to warn owners when there is a very common and dangerous vehicle part failure, and they've chosen not to do that, that's criminal

05 Aveo
By Cindy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 05 Chevy Aveo for almost 5 yrs now. Haven't had a single problem with it. Well, except for the pain. My car is yellow. In fact it is 5 different shades of yellow. Obviously a bad batch of paint? Trying to get them to fix the problem, but so far no luck. Also the clear coat is peeling. I'm told this is because of the bad paint, makes sense. I use good car wash to wash it and have always kept it clean. The say the whole car will have to be repainted, of course at my expense.

Loved this car
By shane

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not a review writer, but I wanted to say a few good things about my Aveo. I was just involved in a roll over accident. The car got decent gas mileage and mostly was a commuter car. I have taller boys. one is 6'3" and was comfortable in the back seat. We decided to save a few dollars on a trip an took this car. To no fault of the car we went into the median and rolled 3 times. We all had minor injuries, but basically walked away from a roll over.

Liked how it felt like you were sitting high instead of on the ground like other cars

Love my Aveo
By aveo fan

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, have had it for 3 years, bought brand new at a dealer. If you want something more than a reliable, gas sipping tin can on wheels don't buy this, you will be dissapointed. Never any problems with it, have driven it from midwest to east coast, comfortable.

Gas mileage, 35-39. Price (under $8400 brand new). Reliability. Fun to drive, manual trans is peppy. Roomier than a lot of small cars out there.

I can't think of anything right now

Aveos Rock
By Aveo-Luvr

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is much more spacious than it initially looks. Even though it is the most inexpensive model, it rides very smoothly and you don't hear every crack in the road. It is the first new auto I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone commuting or even as a first car. They are inexpensive, the insurance is inexpensive, and they get great gas mileage. They have a lot of get-up-and-go for such a small engine. I love my AVEO!!!

1.Roomy interior 2.Style/colors 3.Fun to drive 4. Fits in tiny parking spots!

Air conditioning in all models.