2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Mom's little trustie!
By tauscuppy on 05/14/13 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! we always have new trucks, or vans. when gas prices got so high, I went out and bought one of these (after muchresearch on other compacts) Now, this is the family car, it's taken us everywhere, not a single worry, I drive on the feeway ALL the time, and can't believe how smooth it is, I have to chech the sppedometer all the time, cuz I am always speeding, but, it never feels like it. this car was 8 years old when I bought it, has just over 100.000 on it now. I will own this car for a long time <3

05 Aveo
By Cindy on 05/20/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 05 Chevy Aveo for almost 5 yrs now. Haven't had a single problem with it. Well, except for the pain. My car is yellow. In fact it is 5 different shades of yellow. Obviously a bad batch of paint? Trying to get them to fix the problem, but so far no luck. Also the clear coat is peeling. I'm told this is because of the bad paint, makes sense. I use good car wash to wash it and have always kept it clean. The say the whole car will have to be repainted, of course at my expense.

Rust bucket
By sandy smith on 03/30/10 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My neighbor and I both bought aveo hatchback not long after buying it the back was replaced 2 times rusting inside to out. Now all the doors are rusting on inside under the rubber on top of doors. They said they got parts from Korea and they rust during shipment. So much for new cars rust bucket. I only have 23,500 miles on mine but now have to get rid of it before I'm only left with engine. Roof rusting as well hers and mine. I had mine rust proofed as soon as I bought it

Sturdy Small Car
By Elaine on 03/04/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently rear ended in my Aveo and sent forward about 4 feet from a dead stop. although My Aveo has to have the bumper replaced the larger car that hit me is written off.. hood was crumpled. You can see the imprint of his logo in my bumper. I suffered no real injuries just a little stiffness from a whiplash type injury.. I had loved the Aveo before for it's handling, fuel economy and pick up on the highway but now.. am totally impressed by how well it is constructed.

Rockin The AvEO and LOVIN IT!
By Rockin the AVEO on 02/19/10 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this to be just a driver until I found the car I wanted. I recently came out of a very very nice Mercedes (many nice luxury cars in a row) and am VERY picky. I am surprised and thrilled with my gas mileage. I love my funky color (one of the reasons it caught my eye) and so much space...all of my cars had been two seaters until now. I needed another car with more space for various reasons...and this little car gives it to me!...and CHEAP!!! I have only had it a short while but I do very long commutes and plan on keeping this even if I get another luxury car. I like that it is such a "green" vehicle... and by buying used I am recycling!!! I LOVE IT and my friends think it is adorable!!!

2006 Chev Aveo LT
By Mike on 10/25/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my car and I believe that when bought I drove it slower and allowed the engine to break in for the first 800 miles. Also every 3000 miles I have the oil changed. As of today I have no problems it continues to go 65-70mph down 95 as smooth as ever. I'll trade it in next year for a newer Aveo.

great car 4 money
By chevyman on 09/14/09 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

very easy to work on, plenty of room, for the money, it was very worth it. especially the gas mileage. we average around 31mpg.

Great mileage
By idlework on 08/27/09 06:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage...loved it so much we went back to dealership 4 months later to buy another for daughter in college. EXCELLENT Mileage on highway. City MPG fluctuates. Both cars had service engine light come on at 70,000 miles-both O sensor. Daughter hit herd of deer at 50 mph, car lost but she was unhurt. Small but safe. Hate the tires that come with it from manufacturer--both cars needed replaced within 15,000 miles. Heat and air nice. Got hatchbacks and everything fits when seats folded down! Put a 5 ft Xmas tree in there every year...also bought 6 ft kitchen counter top at Lowes and it fit!

By Candace on 05/19/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car two year and it broke down on me in the summer and it only had 67,000 miles on it. The thermostat housing melted the auto repair man said that it happened only because of how cheap the car was made and what it was made of. The car being fuel efficient is great but if something happens and it over heats then you need to get a new engine which is worth what the car it worth. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Doesn't run-looks cute in driveway
By rocksteady2 on 05/18/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At approx. 70K mi. the alternator and serpentine belt went out. A couple hundred miles later, there was a loud pop and my engine blew. The "L" shaped piece that connects the engine to the radiator actually blew out of the engine. Of course it's not under warranty and I have another year to pay on it!I don't recommend you buy this car!