Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Sturdy Small Car
By Elaine

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently rear ended in my Aveo and sent forward about 4 feet from a dead stop. although My Aveo has to have the bumper replaced the larger car that hit me is written off.. hood was crumpled. You can see the imprint of his logo in my bumper. I suffered no real injuries just a little stiffness from a whiplash type injury.. I had loved the Aveo before for it's handling, fuel economy and pick up on the highway but now.. am totally impressed by how well it is constructed.

Spacious interior for a subcompact. Quick pick up on the highway Great maneuverability in town and great fuel economy

Better coffee cup holder, 2 x-large coffee cannot sit in the cup holder together

2006 Chev Aveo LT
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with my car and I believe that when bought I drove it slower and allowed the engine to break in for the first 800 miles. Also every 3000 miles I have the oil changed. As of today I have no problems it continues to go 65-70mph down 95 as smooth as ever. I'll trade it in next year for a newer Aveo.

stick shift, can't see having an automatic in a small car

none, my daughter just purchased a 2009 Aveo and has all the toys. Perfect for college.

By Candace

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car two year and it broke down on me in the summer and it only had 67,000 miles on it. The thermostat housing melted the auto repair man said that it happened only because of how cheap the car was made and what it was made of. The car being fuel efficient is great but if something happens and it over heats then you need to get a new engine which is worth what the car it worth. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Best car I have ever had
By E Smith

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 100,000 miles on my car and it has only been in the shop for maintenance. Drives great and has LOTS of power. I can go all the way up the Grapevine (in Calif) at 65 mph no problem. The only challenge I have had is that is seems to have trouble starting up first thing in the morning (especially when its cold). My husband, children and myself are all very all people and we fit in this car very easily with plenty of leg room (yes looks are deceiving). This car has lots of room for hauling things around. Maneuverability is good - lots of fun to drive. The key maintenance issues are to be faithful about oil changes and change the timing chain every 40,000 to 50,000 miles.

Lots of power and pep. Fun handling and GREAT mileage (35 MPG at 80 MPH). Very reliable car. Handles well in all kinds of weather.

It would be helpful is they could reduce the interior noise level at freeway speeds. Needs more powerful air conditioning system.

Long term information
By KW

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 56,000 miles on my 5 spd hatchback. Love it. Absolutely no problems, never been in the shop. Ride is very smooth and controlled. Turns on a dime (18 ft turning circle). Lifetime average MPG is at 34.7, top was 44, lowest was 27, but only been below 30 MPG four times. Last 6 months overall average is 38.9 MPG. I can't believe the value I got with this purchase. Engine just purrs. Ride is quiet at 60-65 cruise speed (but I've been keeping it at 55 lately for better MPG). Acceleration is adequate for all my needs. Would by another without question. Fit and finish is supurb. Seat is comfortable for long drives. Plenty of room for backseat passengers.

Looks great. Snappy red color, high MPG capability has saved me a lot. Handles very well. Parks with ease. Low purchase price. Good A/C, good radio/CD/MP3 player. Easy oil/filter changes.

Center arm rest would help on my trips, but I understand this is now available on newer Aveos.