Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

True Sub-compact
By Sirrep

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Rover, Chevette, Hornet, Fiat 600, Valnent, Mustang, I have ridden in all of them. This Aveo gives the best, most quiet drive in years. Best bang for the buck, especially if it is on sale at about $9k at the dealer.

Favorite Features

Quiet, fold down back seats, large enough trunk.

Suggested Improvements

More color choices.

Blue rocket on wheels
By great little car

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for travel as my job is 3hrs away. I sold my Geo with 248 thousand miles and it had great mileage. This was an inexspensive auto, and that's what I needed. After driving it for 3.5 months, I haven't had any problems with it. I'm very happy with the car all around. It handles very well driving through the mountains.

Favorite Features

The sun glasses holder is really neat. Plenty of trunk space. Plenty of inside room for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs no improvements

Best car (for the $) I've ever owned.
By jeramyryan

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and purchased our Aveo Sedan six months ago based soley on the sticker price (less than 10k) and the gas mileage. We were also attracted to the Aveo's European style design. The longer we own it, the more happy we are about our decision. Despite what others have said, this car handles very well, especially compared to our Hyundai and it is much more comfortable. Like Dr. Who's Tardis, the inside seems much bigger than the outside-plenty of room, comfortable and ergonomic, with a HUGE trunk. Those who complain about power and a widely spaced transmission seem to forget they are reviewing an economy car. 6 months and no mechanical problems whatsoever.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Roomy, ergonomic interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better standard warranty.

A good car
By bocar

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I get 31.6 mpg , combined city & highway driving.it's an excellent little car , if you don't mind shifting a lot.I can park in almost parking spot you can imagine, my other car is a 3/4 T pickup.

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seat & hatchback door

Suggested Improvements

Many times when I step on the brake, I also step on the gas pedal. This usually is not a problem, because I have the clutch depreesed.

I love my Aveo!!
By a_reality

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A lot of people laughed at me when I announced I was buying an Aveo. However, every single one of them instantly changed their minds the moment they sat down in this little car. It is amazingly roomy and provides a nice comfortable ride. Okay, so it's not a Cadillac, but it's not really meant to be either. I'm 6'2" and have plenty of head room in this little baby. Living in San Francisco where parking is a nightmare I appreciate owning a small good looking car that has the power to get up large hills, and can park just about anywhere. I'd recomend this car to just about anyone who needs basic point A to point B transportation.

Favorite Features

Cute interior.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was an arm rest above the parking brake for the driver.