2005 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Major Chevy Aveo failure
By chevyvictim on 09/15/14 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Chevy Aveo brand new in late '05, loved, babied and maintained that car very well. 3 days ago the timing belt failed at only 55K miles on the freeway, totally shut the car down including power steering and brakes at 65mph, I'm very lucky I was safe. And now I find out that the engine is basically destroyed because of the belt failure, with repair costs of approximately $2500. And to top it all off I find out Chevrolet knew about this particular problem long ago but did nothing to warn owners or recall, totally negligent. Incredibly corrupt company if you ask me, I and many other Aveo owners are very angry, and I feel a class action lawsuit is necessary

05 Aveo
By Cindy on 05/20/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 05 Chevy Aveo for almost 5 yrs now. Haven't had a single problem with it. Well, except for the pain. My car is yellow. In fact it is 5 different shades of yellow. Obviously a bad batch of paint? Trying to get them to fix the problem, but so far no luck. Also the clear coat is peeling. I'm told this is because of the bad paint, makes sense. I use good car wash to wash it and have always kept it clean. The say the whole car will have to be repainted, of course at my expense.

Loved this car
By shane on 09/15/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not a review writer, but I wanted to say a few good things about my Aveo. I was just involved in a roll over accident. The car got decent gas mileage and mostly was a commuter car. I have taller boys. one is 6'3" and was comfortable in the back seat. We decided to save a few dollars on a trip an took this car. To no fault of the car we went into the median and rolled 3 times. We all had minor injuries, but basically walked away from a roll over.

Love my Aveo
By aveo fan on 07/22/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, have had it for 3 years, bought brand new at a dealer. If you want something more than a reliable, gas sipping tin can on wheels don't buy this, you will be dissapointed. Never any problems with it, have driven it from midwest to east coast, comfortable.

Aveos Rock
By Aveo-Luvr on 04/28/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is much more spacious than it initially looks. Even though it is the most inexpensive model, it rides very smoothly and you don't hear every crack in the road. It is the first new auto I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone commuting or even as a first car. They are inexpensive, the insurance is inexpensive, and they get great gas mileage. They have a lot of get-up-and-go for such a small engine. I love my AVEO!!!

A Great Little Car!!
By Andy on 01/04/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be one of the best bargains available today. All of the negative comments I read in reviews I have not found to be true on my car. This car is the best riding, most comfortable, quietest small car I have ever driven. It handles great both on rural roads and super highways. I have read about problems with standard tranny but mine shifts great in every gear all the time. Passenger room is great, even in rear seat. Cargo room is great with rear seat folded. Engine is great. Very smooth and requires less shifting than any 4 cyl I have ever driven. So far I have averaged 34 MPG! This is not a luxury car or a muscle car or a sports car, but after 5 mos and 7000 mi Im very satisfied

"Special Value"
By Eric on 09/22/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I use my cute little Aveo primarily to commute to work. After all of the various discounts, I paid $8,300 for the special value model. I enjoy knowing that I made a smart decision. I get about 28mpg in the city and 33 on the highway. This little car has a lot of useful room. The rear seat has a special way of folding down to make the back cargo area completely flat and 100% usable. The only thing I really miss is air conditioning. If you want it, you're going to end up paying a lot more. I also wish it had a CD player standard.

My lemon
By Mickey Mathews on 08/20/05 07:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car only a few months ago and it has been in the shop at least 10 times it sometimes will only go 25 miles an hour. It runs rough and the list goes on.

Best buy for the price.
By Acid Burn on 07/09/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not going to lie and say this car is perfect, it's not. For the money that you will be paying you do get a well built, logically laid out veh that will perform resonably well. Don't expect to be passing Corvettes in this thing, or Chevettes for that matter, but if you opt for a manual transmission you can compensate by downshifting which does sacrifice some of the gas mileage but makes passing less of a joke. In the hatchback model you do have a surprising amount of storage when the rear seats are folded down, but with the seats in the upright position, don't plan on fitting anything more that a few grocery bags back there before it's full. A++ for first time buyers or for a cheap fix.

Big car Little Bucks
By busdriver on 06/02/05 22:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the stripped down hatchback to save gas and wear and tear on my Wrangler. My wife had hers for a week when I decided I needed one like hers. While she has put 3000 miles going to town and back with the grandkids, I have over 7000 miles already commuting. We paid $8950 each for them, and so far, no problems whatever. I love the roomy interior and ergonomics. Plenty of power on the freeway, with a ride like a much more expensiver car. When and if I use this one up, I will definitly get another.