2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: Suprisingly Solid and Roomy

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Suprisingly Solid and Roomy
By Angela on

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this car when my grandma couldn't drive it anymore. It has 12,000 miles on it, and is in like new condition. Having driven only SUV's for a while, I am blown away at how well this little car handles and how much cab space there is for people. Our 2 teens and a 7 year old fit comfortably in back (as comfortable as our last SUV). Our first trip was 750 miles with 4 people (weighing 600 lbs. total) and packed to the hilt with our stuff. We got 34 mpg on the highway. Acceleration is good on the interstate, even on hills. I just took a 16 hour trip in a Toyota Matrix that didn't do so well and didn't handle as good. I'm only getting 22-26 mpg in the city, but I drive fast.

Red, sporty, good handling, zippy and good gas mileage. Everyone who sees it, comments and wants to know what it is. Love the keyless entry, side signal lights, spoiler and roomy interior.

Put an armrest on the driver's seat, or a console between the seats. Cup holders could use some improvement. The ones up front are a little small and only one for the back seat.