2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: 2004 Aveo LS Hatchback

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2004 Aveo LS Hatchback
By kqcheek on

2004 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The main reason I bought this vehicle was the cost, and bought my Aveo without ever test driving one. I didn't really except a lot, but was pleasantly surprised when I brought it home. The ride is very smooth for such a small car, and engine is peppy (just as advertised). There is room enough to fit 4 adults comfortably (as long as all 4 adults aren't over 6' tall). The interior is well designed and the exterior is stylish. Coupled with all the above - add in great gas milage and I don't think that you'll be able to find a better sub-compact vehicle for the money. The LS mode comes with just about every option except ABS.

My favorite feature is the ride. Again, for such a small car it sure has a smooth comfortable ride. Because the Aveo is so small the 105 hp engine has no problem getting up to speed when mirging into interstate traffic.

The doors could be made a little better. They are pretty light and it takes a little effort to ensure that they a close. On the LS model the passenger side mirror is electric,but the driver side is manual. I don't think that it would have taken much to make both sides electric.