2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: 2004 Chevy Aveo Automatic Seda

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2004 Chevy Aveo Automatic Sedan
By mtngirl4 on

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm shocked at all the bad reviews with this car. My hubbie and I bought this car used at a dealership with just under 29,000 km on it. The dealership changed the fuel pump before we bought it (had been sitting in a garage for a while). They only thing that was a problem was in the first year the breaks locked and we had to have it towed. We had to replace all the break pads.

Favorite Features

After 2 years we had an oxygen sensor break causing the car to keep stalling. Cost us $500 to fix it, mostly due to labour. We've now had the Aveo for 3 yrs and have about 99000 km on it. We have just had our timing belt and water pump replaced (no, it didn't break), spark plug and wires replaced. Other than basics like oil and transmission fluid change and replacing tires, we've had to do nothing. Parts are easy to find and relativity cheap. We wanted an inexpensive, basic car that was good on gas. That's what we got. This isn't a high quality car and I don't expect it to run like one. If you do basic maintenance it's fine. I would buy this car again.