2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: My car

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Review

My car
By 4 door sedan on

2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If I were designing a car for myself, this is the kind I would design. And for someone buying a new car on a tight budget (like mine), this car was not only economical to purchase but also it has been economical to operate. As an added bonus, it has an attractive compact appearance with contemporary styling. As a practical 4-door sedan it has adequate interior room for four full-size adults even on extended trips. (The back seat has seatbelts for 3 adults in a pinch, but this arrangement would get snug quickly on a long road trip.) Its 4-speed automatic shift makes for responsive performance when needed but also good on gas mileage if it isn't pushed hard continually.

What sold me was the clean contemporary styling. I love the compact size but the interior has more room than you would think. Too bad GM seems unable to build cars like this (it is built in Korea and sold thru Chevy dealers). Also it does good in crash tests (hope I never use that feature).

More exterior color options, like beige metallic and charcoal metallic. (Mine is silver metallic.) For appearance sake I would prefer larger wheels, although I haven't had any problem with the standard size that came on the car (they're 14-inch).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review