For 9 Grand, What the Heck? (Plus 33 MPG
By Sausalitodougie on
2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car when it first came out in March. I thought I wanted a hatchback but I bought a black sedan (with trunk) and everyone thinks it's a Toyota Echo. I went to Pep Boys and bought some gunmetal gray eight spoke alloy wheels that nearly match the black metallic exterior color for $50 each. I bought a slightly wider premium set of tires from Costco to improve the ride and handling for about $400. (Michelin MXV4 Energy Green) It has good headroom for people up to about 6'6" and a decent back seat. Build quality not bad so far with few complaints to date. If it had power windows and cruise control I would be very happy.
Favorite Features
The roomy interior and realistic fuel economy came in handy with the recent run-up in gas prices. Power steering is a good idea for any car as standard equipment. Interior materials seem like they will hold up well over the long run, too. Good visivility, as well.
Suggested Improvements
CD player please as standard equipment. This would add nothing to the cars price for the manufacturer and would be a nice selling feature. I was somewhat shocked to find out from the dealer that a factory air conditioning retro-fit kit was NOT available from Chevy. WHY NOT?