2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Fun little car!
By Javeo on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great pickup for a little vehicle, zippy little car!

2004 Aveo (Automatic Hatchback) Review
By MABPA on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I waited one month before writing this review to allow time to get a better perspective of my new 2004 Aveo, an automatic transmission, hatchback style. I find the size of the vehicle as desired, small on the outside, quite roomy (including rear seat leg room) on the inside. With the 60/40 split and "flip and fold" feature of the back seat, the car has a nice variety of storage options. My early estimate of fuel efficiency in generally moderate distance, rural, and somewhat hilly travel is about 32 mpg. The car is a fun vehicle for the "gentle" driver.

Great Economy Car
By Prozac on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have already put 450 miles on this in 5 days time. The car handles great, gets great gas mileage without even being broke in yet, large enough to accomodate a 6'2" man with more room to push the seat back, and enough power to get out of its own way. I really hope that they come out with some after- market support. I mainly use this car for work, but seem to like it more for when the family and I need to make short trips aroung town. It has a great European car feel to it. If you just need a basic car that can be lots of fun, this would be a great choice.

Geart little car
By superk12303 on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the vech about a month now and it is great would tell anyone who asked me about it and was interested in a small car to look at it

Electrical Problems or LEMON?
By Arda on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Leased 3 wks ago. Mileage aprx 400km/city. Overall great but worried about a poss. electric prob. 4 days after I got it battery died & most info I got was that they adjusted loose connection. It hasn't died a 2nd time: YET.Last few days every time I start it the digital clock has lost time: this tells me there is a prob: this is what happened right before the battery went last time. Prob seems intermittent, but I'm hoping it dies again before my first 30 days are up so I can either break my lease or get a different vehicle. Maybe I got unlucky with a lemon, & it if weren’t for the electrical prob I would give it an excellent rating on perform & design.

AVEO Review
By jbbrack on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our Aveo for three months and have no complaints about the car. It replaced a small pickup we used around town and is mainly used for shopping and local trips. The space behind the rear seats is great for groceries and other small items. I have also used it to carry heavy items up to 800 pounds with no significant change in handling characteristics. The seating is comfortable and the headroom and visibility equivalent to a much larger vehicle. I am impressed by the quality in the car for the price I paid for it. All in all, a real bargain.

AVEO
By kaden on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Shifting from 1st to 2nd, the clutch is a bit sticky. Hard braking seems to pull the car left a bit.

My review
By US4OBIES on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although i bought it as a second car to get me around town i have noticed a wobbley ride while on the interstate. Other than that its a all around decent car that handles ok in any road condition.

great little car
By kikismith on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far this vech is a great little ride

new owner, replacing Geo Metro
By mld on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

more power then Geo, but not as good mileage